Hacking What flashcard do you have?

8-bit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acekard 2i, and its totally worth the money. it may not have any emulators, but i can always download one! Plus there are thousands of downloadable skins and you can even make your own!

tiggerlator

Trophies
XP
Country
R4i sdhc 1.4.3E, soon to be Supercard DSTWO.

I know the R4i is considered a pos by some, but its done the job till i get my new card.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
An Acekard2i, because I only have one.
A CycloDS iEvo, because I only have one.
A DSTWO, because I only have one.
An EZFlash Vi, because I only have one.
An iSmart Premium, because I only have one.
An iSmart Multimedia, because I only have one.
A R4 1:1 SD clone, because I only have one.
A R4 original white Chinese version, because I only have one.
And not my R4iGold, because it's stupid and a clone.

evolance7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have a R4DS ( Mah first flashcart and thank you wood goblin )
an Acekard2i ( AKAIO is the best )
and going to buy a DSTWO soon. ( the community supports )

I like using them because they will offer something more than a DS would do.
Homebrews, Videos, Musics and etc. (I hate how we have limited control over stuff that we paid full price, and i am looking at you 3DS)

I also use the flashcarts to test out new games, whether they are good or not. (I have spend quite a lot of money on Original DS titles.)

The funny thing is, I have stopped downloading Roms, since most game now aren't worth playing pirated, let alone spending cash on them, lol.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TTDS/DSTT: I do not use it anymore. The first cart I bought I thought it was the best thing out there. Then I got my AceKard!
happy.gif

AK2: I do not use it anymore. When I did use it, there were so many skins and very easy/fast file navigation.

Cyclods: Gave it to a friend of mine, The last person to order one from DX when they sold flash carts. I liked the interface a little more and the way it displayed my shortcuts along the top of the screen. the RTS, and although not constant, the stable firmware that TC released.

DS2: The one I currently use. Other than DSi compatibility, I'm not sure what makes it great. I have not messed with anything on the cart or personalized it to my liking like I did with the other three. I personally think that the Supercard team could do better with the interface to make it more convenient. Other than that, BAGplug was pretty good in the short time I tried it. I might put that back on my card when I am able to summon the enthusiasm to do so...

Also for reference, I bought the first three on DX when they sold flash carts.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an Original R4. It is my baby and my only cart to date. I still rock a DSlite, so my little R4 gets plenty of use. It is obviously a reproduction (I picked it up off an auction site for $2 in '09), but it did come with everything from the card to the reader to the wristband, so I was happy with my purchase. I still am thanks to ywg with his mad skills.

evolance7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Nathan Drake said:
I have an Original R4. It is my baby and my only cart to date. I still rock a DSlite, so my little R4 gets plenty of use. It is obviously a reproduction (I picked it up off an auction site for $2 in '09), but it did come with everything from the card to the reader to the wristband, so I was happy with my purchase. I still am thanks to ywg with his mad skills.

Ever considering of pairing up yer R4DS with an EZ-flash 3+1?, since you still using DSlite of course. It is one heck of a combo.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
evolance7 said:
Nathan Drake said:

Ever considering of pairing up yer R4DS with an EZ-flash 3+1?, since you still using DSlite of course. It is one heck of a combo.

I haven't had the cash or means to pick up an 3in1 in, well, forever. When I do have the cash, I need it to go towards something else. When I don't need the cash to go somewhere else, I find myself without a means of payment. I will get one eventually, hopefully before they go out of production for good.

_elf_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have an M3i Zero (in my DSi) and a M3DS Real for my wife (in her DSlite).
I was hoping to get one of the carts that allow DSi homebrew..but i'm waiting for the progress of it
unsure.gif

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
I've had a R4-SDHC.com, R4i-SDHC.com and AceKard 2i.
I currently own iSmart MM and Supercard DSTwo. For everyday use I use the iSMM as it doesn't drain the DSi batteries anywhere near as much as the SCDS2 but for everything else I use the SCDS2.

@tiggerlator The SCDS2 has more features than the AK2i such as GBA emulator, video player, it's own SNES emulator (that is better than the ones available to ordinary flashcarts), Real Time Saves, Cheat generator, in game guides and lots of it's own homebrew. It all depends on what you want to use the your flashcart for as to whether it is worth the extra money for a SCDS2. If you want to play just DS games then get a AK2i as they are far better than the R4i-SDHC that you've got at the moment. If you want to use all the extra features then get a SCDS2.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
AK2i is not as good as R4iDSN.

AK2i doesn't have a favorites menue and the Cyclops-style 8-icon-view-per-page.

And R4iDSN is build much better. And cheaper.

tiggerlator

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Buleste, i think i will still get the DSTwo, i like to tinker and it seems there is a lot to tinker with on that, also i do want a descent Snes emulator.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm...
(R4 Revolution - is/was my first flashcard, gave it to a friend after his M3Real died)
Acekard 2.1 - simply because of the awesome AKAIO
Supercard DS Two - because of the GBA and SNES emulators, also because of its AAP feature (which was superior back then)
Cyclo DS iEvolution - because I thought it couldn't hurt to get a DSi Flashcard
R4i Platinum RTS something - it came with my Cyclo iEvolution
(EZ Flash V 3in1 - no DS flashcard, but wth
tongue.gif
- got it because of its RAM (for SnemulDS and Opera DS), but mostly because of GBA ROMs; it's just more fun than playing on an emulator)
Amazekard - well, it looked interesting
EZ-Flash Vi - because I thought, it still got its GBA cheat function, combined with the 3in1
iSmart MM - because of iSmartLinux and its emulators (although they are pretty slow because they are kinda emulated in an "emulator", it was fun to play Breath of Fire 3 on DS
biggrin.gif
)

I think that's all...

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 Revolution (1:1 Clone) - Last one left, I used to buy a couple at a time and send em preloaded to my less savvy online friends.
Acekard 2i - (I have two, one that had contact issues that I fixed, and one that's flawless)
DSTT - Was curious about the menu/skins due to membership on NDSThemes website.
M3DS Real (with both slot-2 items - GBA Adapter is a little wonky, Rumble pack works fine)
DSTwo - Futureproof, and I liked the iPlayer which was a precursor to it.
iPlayer - been trying to get rid of it or trade it but no one wants to trade even junk for it on the WTT/Give forum.
EZV 3in1+

I have two DS Lites and a DSi XL to play with the whole collection with. >.>

I used to have an R4i Gold (r4ids, NOT wood compatible) that I lost somewhere.

I still have a short shopping list to complete my collection next time I can spare a bit. I want iEvo and iSmartMM also XD

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
M3 DS Simply: bought almost on release, before R4 became the "standard" of flashcards. Thanks to R4 Team it was a very good card with amazing support. After R4 Team disappeared, Yasu discovered how to break it's encryption and afterwards YSmenu appeared. Good, but DSTT team disappeared afterwards too. Thanks God, Wood came and saves the day. Today it's a very nice card, thanks to Wood support.

R4iTT v1.6: bought with my 3DS, because it was cheap and it passed sometime since the last time I saw something about DS scene (so I didn't know which cards worked with 3DS). The official software is a piece of junk, but it works with RetroGameFan releases AND Wood and the team is very fast to release firmware updates, so it's a ok card.

I was thinking to buy a Acekard, but since R4iTT now works with Wood I don't want anymore. Waiting for another flashcard get DSi enhancements support to buy, since Cyclo iEvo is apparently dead. Maybe DSTwo, who knows?

Alexandre Verrie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a R4i gold 3ds, a Ak2i, a DSTwo. Because i was told that those three cards are the best,so i bought them. All of them are working great, R4i gold is a very cheap, easy and simple card, ak2i is a always great, DSTwo is the best!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think