Hacking What firmware is the black wii most likely coming with?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to buy the black wii and I was wondering what firmware do you guys think it will come with. What firmware did it come with when it hit europe? What else besides a firmware will make it hard to hack?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unless Nintendo releases a new firmware soon, it will come with 4.2U. It's almost guaranteed to have a D3-2 drive, so no disc backups.

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
Unless Nintendo releases a new firmware soon, it will come with 4.2U. It's almost guaranteed to have a D3-2 drive, so no disc backups.
but usb loaders right?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its going to have the same firmware that every wii has, as we cannot do anything with the firmware of the wii. if you mean system menu then yes it will have 4.2 and a newer dvd drive that will not read dvd-r's. Get a USB external DVD drive or an external USB HDD, 1TB is more than enough.

sorry had to be a smartass.
wink.gif

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
linuxares said:
You can run DVDs on the black wiis also, with a external USB DVD-Reader.

I didnt know that.

I recently switched from a release Wii to a black one, and have been happy using WiiFlow, but it is nice to know I have an option for DVD if required.

Thank you.

*btw*

The Black one looks very nice with my TV equipment, and I even leave my Wii running a drive light homebrew prog just to look better, when not in use. Hope that doent burn out the light prematurely.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of sad that years ago we would wonder if a game came with our console. now all people wonder about is how fast they can pirate free games on it

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Sylar1 said:
It's kind of sad that years ago we would wonder if a game came with our console. now all people wonder about is how fast they can pirate free games on it

I also remember a time when games were a hell of a lot cheaper too. What's your point?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sylar1 said:
I agree. It feels like people love the system less for it's games and more about how they can pirate the games at times. I'm glad you posted the thought, I was just thinking something similar.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
Sylar1 said:

I also remember a time when games were a hell of a lot cheaper too. What's your point?
when were they a lot cheaper? i remember in the 80's NES games were around 50$+ each so how is that any different then paying 50-60$ for a game now?

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sylar1 said:

probably the same year your console would be half of the money you pay for one nowadays ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson