Gaming What DS game gives you eye twitches, if any?

What DS game gives you eye twitches, if any?

• Phoenix Wright Games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Games.

• Dementium: The Ward.

• Harvest Moon Games.

• Contra 4.

• Some other DS game.

• I only get that with my 360/PS3/Wii shooters.

• None, I don't have that problem.

• Total voters

Pamela

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
click.linksynergy.com
XP
Country
United States
I noticed after playing every Phoenix Wright game my eye twitches here and there for a few days afterwards, I liked the games a lot and it would go away after 2 days everytime I played so I shrugged it off, I think it was because of all the text boxes causing flashing. Then, I played Bioshock 2 months ago and now it's been happening everyday a few times a day since I beat it, I'm hoping it will just go away being I'm not playing those kind of games now. Does anyone else have this type of problem when they play a certain game and if they have has it gone away, it's got me a little worried being it's been almost 2 months with this problem
frown.gif
It stinks too because Apollo Justice is coming out very soon.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Pamela

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
click.linksynergy.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(Nintendo's Health & Safety Precautions) said:
Stop playing and consult a doctor if you or your child have any of the following symptoms:

Convulsions
  Loss of awareness
  Involuntary movement
  Eye or muscle twitching
  Altered vision
  Disorientation

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/p..._ds_english.jsp

wow. so far it seems i'm one of the few on gbatemp that have this problem. i'll just ask my doctor about it when i have to go anyway for my yearly in two weeks, hopefully it will just clear up on it's own.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's most likely not a really serious problem; that type of warning is not meant to protect you from harm, it's meant to protect Nintendo from lawsuits. Still, if you're seeing the doctor soon anyway, you should ask about it.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
It's an eye-strain thing that happens when you stare at screens for too long, I get it sometimes from computer monitors. You can keep playing, just cut down your usage of computers and games a little bit, turn the brightness down and it should go away on it's own in a couple of weeks or so.

UchihaE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I get it with every game if i play to long for a few days. I had a period were I did it all the time and i have a friend who does it all the time asswell. I stopped playing allot and it slowly stopped happening now i'm happy
biggrin.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I only get eye twitches whenever I am on the computer in the dark for too long.
Since then I've learned to reduce the contrast

Pamela

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
click.linksynergy.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I probably do stare at the computer screen too long, it's part of my job, and that never bothered me lol as my eye just started twitching now as I stare at the monitor typing this
wtf.gif
, but with the mix of certain games it now does. I do have the brightness on the DS all the way up like one of the posts mentioned as well, I didn't know that was bad. I'm going to cut back on my gaming, I play for two hours in a row once in a while and don't take a break which I should be doing after half hour and will be doing now on those occasions and will lower the brightness, if I do play I'll hold the ds a bit further away from me as well. I appreciate the replies, this was worrying me a lot, and I would recommend others to do this regimen while playing, just in case
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."