What do you think of the 2ds xl?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Victrine, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Victrine
    OP

Victrine Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2017
    I only just considered it now, but I think it has potential within the hacking community and people on a budget, It looks good, and got rid of the 3d making it lighter and thinner, Has the new 3ds' processor and C stick. Win win.

My only hope is that it doesn't get shipped out with 11.4 Firmware but we'll have to wait and see.
    (If it does, I hope we would have managed to find a way to install bootstrap9 and custom firmware without hard-modding or dsi ware.)

2. jmhannz

jmhannz GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2017
    United States
    its already known to be unhackable and ships on a firmware that isn't available as of yet. give it time.

3. Calcifer13

Calcifer13 Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2017
    United States
    I'm planning to get it eventually. It just looks so slim and the design looks cool. I'll wait until it becomes hackable before I buy one.

4. september796

september796 GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    It's a fine design but I still think that the first O3DS design is the prettiest

5. Oschara

Oschara GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Its pure speculation but with the ban wave i highly doubt it will come with a firmware that is exploitable. Guess we will see once they ship

6. XxShalevElimelechxX

XxShalevElimelechxX GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2016
    Israel
    I personally think that it will be a hw revision that fixes sighax, and i think nintendo designed the device to be so pretty to make everyone to buy it as an (probably) unhackable/unsighaxable device.

Oschara likes this.
  7. Gamelogic

Gamelogic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2016
    United States
    Reminds me of the later Wii revisions lol...Nintendo thinking they're slick.

8. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    We don't know its unhackable, it's likely it will be vulnerable to this exploit: Using a Magnet and a DS flashcart to unbrick a 3DS

9. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    The existence of the start+select+X+standby button combo (a legitimate factory tool) is unrelated to whether it will accept fakesigned payloads

Still betting 80% that it will - redesigning, small scale manufacturing, testing, (eventually repeating), and bulk manufacturing is expensive and requires more work than if the bug was in some updateable software, especially since the purpose of late low-end consoles is to use up leftover custom parts

What I think of the console? Something that has neither the features of the small N3DS (only 10 € more new, not like people on a budget should snob off the used market) nor the philosophy (robustness and price) of the O2DS

But for the reason explained above, this has little to do* with consumer demand, more with business interest
    * since this is Nintendo, it means "less than their typical product"

Last edited by Ryccardo, Jun 9, 2017