Hardware What do you think of the 2ds xl?

Victrine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I only just considered it now, but I think it has potential within the hacking community and people on a budget, It looks good, and got rid of the 3d making it lighter and thinner, Has the new 3ds' processor and C stick. Win win.

My only hope is that it doesn't get shipped out with 11.4 Firmware but we'll have to wait and see.
(If it does, I hope we would have managed to find a way to install bootstrap9 and custom firmware without hard-modding or dsi ware.)

jmhannz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its already known to be unhackable and ships on a firmware that isn't available as of yet. give it time.

Calcifer13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning to get it eventually. It just looks so slim and the design looks cool. I'll wait until it becomes hackable before I buy one.

XxShalevElimelechxX

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I personally think that it will be a hw revision that fixes sighax, and i think nintendo designed the device to be so pretty to make everyone to buy it as an (probably) unhackable/unsighaxable device.

Reactions: Oschara

Gamelogic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think that it will be a hw revision that fixes sighax, and i think nintendo designed the device to be so pretty to make everyone to buy it as an (probably) unhackable/unsighaxable device.

Reminds me of the later Wii revisions lol...Nintendo thinking they're slick.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
We don't know its unhackable, it's likely it will be vulnerable to this exploit: Using a Magnet and a DS flashcart to unbrick a 3DS
The existence of the start+select+X+standby button combo (a legitimate factory tool) is unrelated to whether it will accept fakesigned payloads

Still betting 80% that it will - redesigning, small scale manufacturing, testing, (eventually repeating), and bulk manufacturing is expensive and requires more work than if the bug was in some updateable software, especially since the purpose of late low-end consoles is to use up leftover custom parts

What I think of the console? Something that has neither the features of the small N3DS (only 10 € more new, not like people on a budget should snob off the used market) nor the philosophy (robustness and price) of the O2DS

But for the reason explained above, this has little to do* with consumer demand, more with business interest
* since this is Nintendo, it means "less than their typical product"

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1