Gaming What do you think of Conduit2?

Were you disappointed with the campaign in Conduit2?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I finished the Conduit2 this weekend and I have to say, I was disappointed with the length. The game started off not too bad but I beat the whole campaign with almost 100 percent completion percent in less than 6 hours. I've got to say I enjoy multiplayer with the customization and credits system (the conduit 1 sucked in multiplayer cuz of the laaaag and spam of the explosive weapons set). The invasion split screen mode is fun as well.

Where any of you disappointed with the games campaign and what do you think of its multiplayer, both split screen and online?

Tell me what you think of the game and why
yaywii.gif

I say +1 high voltage, I think the game is great.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just got a chance to play it now. But only for 20 minutes... I'll get back to that in just a bit.

First back to Conduit 1... when I first played that I will say that I was impressed with the graphics at the time, as most of us were. But after 15-20 minutes of playing that game all you noticed was mediocre (same old bland FPS) gameplay and control flaws (pointing off screen stops you from turning). I didn't play past that.

Conduit 2 I was willing to give a new chance (just like Red Steel 1 vs Red Steel 2). Very improved on every level. Graphics have gone up another notch, don't know how but they have maximized the ability of the Wii processing power. And controls have (especially look movement) have been highly improved upon, with maybe exception of melee attacks (shake wiimote\pointer is a bad idea). And even though I only got through the first 20 minutes (just passed the Leviathan showing up), I can easily see my self coming back to play further. But one gripe... I only got to play 20 minutes because my batteries died... and what makes this worse (a silly programming miss), the game doesn't auto pause when it loses connection with the controller.

But overall, great improvement on the game. 6 hours is quite short... but my attention span for most FPS isn't usually that long anyway. I'll also give a try at multiplayer a later time.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm convinced that the Conduit 2 is not supposed to have a long campaign, and never was supposed to be long.

It's an addition that ties loose ends from the first story and adds awesome split-screen multi to the fray. It's very much like a Halo title, you don't buy it for the campaign as much as it could be interesting. You buy it to crawl people over with warthogs online, and this is what Conduit 2 offers for the Wii players.

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey... I like it.

Question... I got the oxford level (i think) locked and another level. How do I unlock these? I beat the game.

pimmeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I started playing conduit 2 yesterday and i'm already stuck on the oil rig.after activating the 3 switches i have to go up to the crane or something like that,i'm on the walkway between the 2 fences and the door i came through shuts and can't be opened again.on one side is a fire burning,can't open the other fence and since there is no walkthrough yet i'm stuck here.anyone can help me?for now i like it almost as much as conduit 1.I must add that i haven't played multiplayer yet.I read that it's fun.didn't trust it to try yet because goldeneye online play sucks.
unsure.gif

Ok,i got it.i deleted my profile 'cause you can't replay a mission from the beginning so i restarted the game and made sure to find all the hidden stuff with the ASE.then the gate was open when i got there.maybe yhis can be of help for future players that could get stuck.so,have fun!
wink2.gif

10_0ARMY

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Masterpaul said:
Hey... I like it.

Question... I got the oxford level (i think) locked and another level. How do I unlock these? I beat the game.

To unlock these levels you have to find and scan the schematics in the campaign with the ASE. These "bonus" levels don't provided any new levels for the campaign; they are merely there to allow you to get more freebee unlockables.

I've got to say, each time I go on multiplayer I like it more and more. I'm only level 14 and I'm loving the gameplay, though I seem to play on the same level an awful lot, good thing the levels aren't terrible, except for precipice...I hope with an update they split up the game modes like in cod where you can choose what type of game you want to play. Being forced into only 4 options doesn't give the player a lot of choice in what they want to play...though the "grab bag" style isn't as bad as one would think....

Shrieker FTW!
yay.gif

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
The lack of a region option search has really spoiled the game for me. Most lobbies are European or American for me and this means bad lag because I'm in Australia.

10_0ARMY

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yup a region option would be nice so that you could change the search. I also wish the game wasn't region locked so matchmaking could happen quicker. (at least I think it would be quicker since cod isn't region locked and I get into games in seconds).

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
i think conduit 2 is an awesome improvement, the only bad thing i saw about the the conduit 1 was the online hackers.

but for conduit 2 i see lots of improvements & with wifi updates anything found can be fixed, like black ops wii.
the graphics seem way better, & i like how they upgraded every weapon. & i like how the campaign mode humor is kinda gears of war like."frag out!!"
biggrin.gif

& the split screen
biggrin.gif
finally!! a good wii fps with split screen & online & voice chat. something the call of duty wii games doesn't know how to do.
(& yes i was kinda disappointed that redsteel 2 took splitscreen out.)

& it was probably 6 hours for you but not everyone plays games at the same past & rush trough them. i finally beat the game like 3 days ago & enjoyed the game & story got more in dept with it. using the ASE looking for conspiracy's & such.

the ending was like wow
blink.gif

i wonder whats gonna happen on conduit 3?
& will we see it on wii or the scucesessor?

pimmeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i wanted to try multiplayer but the game asked me to update but i'm not sure what it does to my wii.will it update my wii too?i rather be careful with that,don't want to loose everything.
unsure.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
pimmeke said:
i wanted to try multiplayer but the game asked me to update but i'm not sure what it does to my wii.will it update my wii too?i rather be careful with that,don't want to loose everything.
unsure.gif
The updates fix bugs. It won't update your System Menu.

As for my opinion on the game, I enjoyed it a lot. The campaign was shorter than I would have liked, but it was also very fun. The graphics were quite a bit better than the first (which I also enjoyed). I love multiplayer, especially the fact that it isn't full of cheaters and bugs like the first. The game isn't as popular as the COD games (and runs on a smaller budget), so it takes longer to find a match, but it is certainly faster than the first one. I also think it will pick up speed when more people get the game.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bladexdsl said:
game turned out to be exactly what i expected another boring generic lame run and gun shooter.

QUOTE(sonknuck23 @ May 3 2011, 12:48 AM) Personally I got it, played it for 10 mins, and put it down. : /

Agreed, High voltage needs to keep popping out the Dora games. It's what they are best at.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
sonknuck23 said:
Personally I got it, played it for 10 mins, and put it down. : /
Lol, I don't think 10 minutes (especially at the begining of the game) is enough to have any idea what the game is like. I will admit that, until the third area (returning to what is left of DC), it is a little boring. The beginnings of games usually bore me because they try and explain all the controls (which is good if you have never played a FPS before) instead of leaping right into the action.

ZeroResist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not bad. I enjoyed the campaign and what it had to offer.
I especially like the upgrades and character customization. It still has a fair share of glitches, but HVS is rolling patches out, so hopefully things will improve with time.

Multiplayer is okay, but is sometimes affected by occasional glitches and (Naturally) lagging players. After switching over to a wired connection, I definitely saw improvement, but some matches were simply bad.

Invasion mode is very fun/rage inducing, especially with multiple players. A great way to earn credits for purchases.

Overall, I enjoy it. It isn't fantastic, but it isn't horrible either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill