Gaming What do you think is the best DS game ever?

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... Elite Beat Agents? Professor Layton? Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2?? Hotel Dusk: Room 215?! I choose The World Ends With You.

xtinct84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you got a boner for RGP, puzzle or strategy, the best and most fun NDS game thus far to date is definately GTA: chinatown wars.

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My top 10,

1. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
2. Suikoden Tierkreis
3. Jump! Ultimate Stars
4. Pokemon Platinum/Diamond/Pearl
5. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
6. Rondo of Swords
7. Final Fantasy 3
8. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift
9. ?
10. ?

GTA: CW will probably be somewhere in there once I start playing it.

DarkSunDS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xtinct84 said:
Unless you got a boner for RGP, puzzle or strategy, the best and most fun NDS game thus far to date is definately GTA: chinatown wars.
Grand Theft Auto, for people who get boners for mindless violence and repetitive action, amirite?

Like Nihsnek said, Grand Theft Auto is terribly overrated and is most definitely not the best DS game to come out. People seem to forget the older games (a mere few months or years) that are still pretty awesome, such as Professor Layton, Animal Crossing, New Super Mario Bros., and the underrated like LostMagic or Lunar Knights, only to choose bad to decent games (Lux-Pain? Echoes of Time? Kingdom Hearts that wasn't even released yet and might as well be crappy? Seriously?) or terribly overrated, overhyped, new games that everyone feels forced to love (Grand Theft Auto, The World Ends With You).

Of course, people have their opinions, but I find it hard to believe that Chinatown Wars is considered the best DS game by so many, while old 'classics' like Zelda or Mario, which were designed much better in my opinion for the system, are left behind for being released too far back. I will assume that it's the kids today who just want to play the cool adult games to be admired or whatever.

Don't take me wrong, I enjoyed Chinatown Wars and The World Ends With You, but to me, they are far from being the greatest games on the platform. Seeing Grand Theft Auto in nearly every post becomes redundant and leaves me perplex. Same goes with Echoes of Time, with the difference that it wasn't even rated very positively by critics, as opposed to Chinatown Wars or The World Ends With You. Just because it's new and exciting doesn't mean the novelty won't wear off, and just because the novelty of older games did wear off does not mean that they aren't good games.

As for me, there are too many games I enjoy on the console, mainly Final Fantasy III and IV, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing: Wild World, and so on. I'm sure I'm forgetting many great ones as well.

Frog

Trophies
XP
Country
After recently going back and finishing the new chrono trigger ending i'd have to say:

1.Chrono trigger ds
2. ouendan (series)
3. can't decide...so many good games!

punkycloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
top 5 for me are:

5)Pokemon Dimond
4)Final Fantasy IV
3)Mario Kart DS
2)Bleach Dark Souls
1)Jump Ultimate Stars (This game is simple great)

FFCC:EOT may force is way into the list soon, liking the game alot, and about to take it on wifi tonight

-punkycloud-

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't name one game as there are many games I think are the best.So I will name all that I enjoy the most and have completed.

PuzzlePicross
RPGFinal Fantasy 4
RPGChrono Trigger
RPGDragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Tactical RPG Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Strategy Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
RetroRetro Game Challenge

and don't forget all of the Castlevanias's,Pheonix Wright/Apollo Justice,Hotel Dusk,Advance Wars,Professor Layton,Pokemanz,Trauma Center...and

METEOS!

xtinct84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkSunDS said:
xtinct84 said:
Grand Theft Auto, for people who get boners for mindless violence and repetitive action, amirite?

Definatly entitled to have that opinion, however as I play GTA:CW I notice nice details in its design such as the enivormental lighting (especially during a thunderstorm) and the unique american music such as Cosmic Force, El Micheals Affair and The Expressions that puts to shame the status quo of NDS 16bit RGPesc music. Developers at Rockstar games know full well their audience has ears and they show it by digging up these rare funk tunes and asking people like Alchemist and Victor Axelrod to make beats.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
In terms of new ideas , full use of the DS capabilitys , and sheer length and extras it HAS TO BE

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU!!

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
well, as for me, there are far too many top games for me

1st. Megaman ZX:series (something about good old sidestroller megaman that just let it remains here...)

1st. Phoenix Wright:series (they have a nice storyline and plus as u go along, somehow u can related to the characters, its strange but true...)

1st. Broken Sword (reason for this was that this was my first click and point game on gba, and the quirky characters and dialog just sucks me in, a game that has an interesting cast of characters and an intriguing storyline and graphics that fits in this game, and puzzles that offer some challenge and some are just plain easy, ya i will recommend this game)

1st. Chrono Trigger DS (a simple rpg to get u started and plus there isn't much grinding involved(unless u count those 2 sidequest then well, good luck to u) so u can use this to get started on your first rpg experience

2nd. Rasphony: a musical adventure, ignore the fact that the hero in this game is a heroine and u are pretty much set for another quirky adventure with cornett and her friends, combat is a simple turn base attack and the high spawn rate pretty guarantees u are at an adequate level for any enemies

2nd. Time hollow (its a simple point and click game with a nice storyline)

3rd. Castlevania: Order of Esclais (i don't know how to spell, reason for it being here is that its pretty challenging)

4th. Contact (there's something about this that reminds me of earthbound and that's reason enuf, plus the gameplay-wise, its pretty fun and interesting, no leveling here, just good old stats training)

4th. Legacy of YS: Book 1 and 2 (what can i say? i am a sucker for sprites and rpg and laziness, and what better combination that YS that makes it to my 4th position, just play it and enjoy the epicness that is YS...
biggrin.gif
)

5th: Final Fantasy 3 & 4 (final fantasy is overrated yet darn i just can't get enuf of them)

5th Megaman Starforce: series (it could be lower, but i can't bare to do it so, if its some other dude, this might be 7th or lower, reason? u have 3 bloody squares to walk around while ur enemies have 9+ squares to move as they pleased, at least the old series allow more movement)

5th. Dragon Quest (another overrated brand, come on just say dragon quest/warrior to anyone and they know what u mean, yet just like final fantasy, i just can't get enuf of them...

6th. The World Ends with you ( it has an interesting concept and nice graphics and also, hey its pretty fun and that new game+, just wow)

7~...: i gona stop for now, too many games on ds, and none of them can be qualified to be the best,they are all great for me in their little special way...
frown.gif

edit: well, valkryie profile would be my 2nd as well, because its valkryie profile and also well, combat wise is pretty similar to vp 1 and vp2 mixed together, u move on a grid goes to enemy and its vp1 combat system, timing ur button mashing well and u be a force to be reckon with
biggrin.gif

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Chrono Trigger, The World Ends With You, or GTA:CW

(Layton, EBA, FFCC:RoF/EoF, Big Bang Mini, FF4, Picross...)

DarkSunDS said:
xtinct84 said:

Like Nihsnek said, Grand Theft Auto is terribly overrated and is most definitely not the best DS game to come out. People seem to forget the older games (a mere few months or years) that are still pretty awesome, such as Professor Layton, Animal Crossing, New Super Mario Bros., and the underrated like LostMagic or Lunar Knights, only to choose bad to decent games (Lux-Pain? Echoes of Time? Kingdom Hearts that wasn't even released yet and might as well be crappy? Seriously?) or terribly overrated, overhyped, new games that everyone feels forced to love (Grand Theft Auto, The World Ends With You).
TWEWY is hardly new, and may be one of the most innovative haldheld games ever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Mondooooo, No. Sites gets shutdown by the FBI.