Gaming What do YOU like about Kid Icarus?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know the pun, but when you say,"Then you were supposed to say..." you're implying that he did something wrong and that you deemed him wrong at one point.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know the pun, but when you say,"Then you were supposed to say..." you're implying that he did something wrong and that you deemed him wrong at one point.
Forget it. I won't argue.
Why not? This is the thread for it, it this matter holds absolutely no insignificance at all.

Nah, I'm kidding, mainly because there isn't really anything to argue about.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Forget it. I won't argue.
Why not? This is the thread for it, it this matter holds absolutely no insignificance at all.

Nah, I'm kidding, mainly because there isn't really anything to argue about.
Exactly my point.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh... it was just one of those games I just couldn't get in to. Be it the controls (possible but unlikely as I praised Metroid Prime Hunters control scheme), gameplay (I've never been a fan of shumps... ), the story (probably not, as I could only bring my self to play a 4th of all the missions), maybe the multiplayer (I played a few rounds and lost every time)...

I just couldn't get into it. There are some things I liked about it, like the weapon system. That feels almost like something I'm making in a game not released or even announced outside my circle of friends (cheap attempt at getting some undeserved publicity). But overall, it was just something I couldn't get in to. Sold it off and got Sonic Generations for my PS3, something I've enjoyed far FAR more.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh... it was just one of those games I just couldn't get in to. Be it the controls (possible but unlikely as I praised Metroid Prime Hunters control scheme), gameplay (I've never been a fan of shumps... ), the story (probably not, as I could only bring my self to play a 4th of all the missions), maybe the multiplayer (I played a few rounds and lost every time)...

I just couldn't get into it. There are some things I liked about it, like the weapon system. That feels almost like something I'm making in a game not released or even announced outside my circle of friends (cheap attempt at getting some undeserved publicity). But overall, it was just something I couldn't get in to. Sold it off and got Sonic Generations for my PS3, something I've enjoyed far FAR more.
Funny, I hated the console version of Gens XD
To each his own I suppose.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The story was great, had humor to it and great characters. The gameplay is awesome. Something different.

The multiplayer is a lot of fun too.

Now the bad: The game is soooo fast paced online. Like to the point that you won't even know what's going on sometimes. Not bad in a frustrating way. It's still a lot of fun even if you lose.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't really think of anything that hasn't already been said. The gameplay is awesome, and the land battles in particular were very unique in style. Idk if it's just my lack of experience in the genre, but I don't think I've ever played a shooter quite like it. Weirdly enough, the shooter that it most reminds me of is Gears of War (but only a VERY little), since its jump-dodges and cover-runs somewhat resemble the dash attacks and dodges of Uprising. But again, it's only a very SMALL resemblance. A lot of reviewers seemed to hate the land battles in comparison to the air battles, and I couldn't disagree more intensely: the land battles were the best part, IMO.

And like was stated by others, I love the soundtrack and voice acting. The soundtrack never got boring, and the dialogue was always fun to listen to. I never quite understood the reviewers who mentioned the "overchatty" voiceovers and said hey liked that you could turn it off. How could you possibly play WITHOUThe dialogue??? 0_o one of the things I hated most about boss challenge mode was how they removed the dialogue from the battles, and it made me feel lonely, heheh...

Now, the one thing that stands out to me as somewhat disappointing is the lack of features in together mode. Don't get me wrong, together mode is fun (especially Light vs Dark), but I couldn't help but feel the battles were WAY too short and got monotonous quickly. I understand that I can't expect a console multiplayer experience like Smash Bros from a handheld game, but it would have been nice to have customizable time limit for free-for-all matches, additional rules like stock/time, etc. It would have also been nice to have 1 or 2 additional game modes. Personally, I think it would be REALLY cool to have a mode where you could actually run around and pick up different weapons, powers, and modifiers like the City Trial mode in Kirby Air Ride.

Anyway, that's all I really have to say for now.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't really think of anything that hasn't already been said. The gameplay is awesome, and the land battles in particular were very unique in style. Idk if it's just my lack of experience in the genre, but I don't think I've ever played a shooter quite like it. Weirdly enough, the shooter that it most reminds me of is Gears of War (but only a VERY little), since its jump-dodges and cover-runs somewhat resemble the dash attacks and dodges of Uprising. But again, it's only a very SMALL resemblance. A lot of reviewers seemed to hate the land battles in comparison to the air battles, and I couldn't disagree more intensely: the land battles were the best part, IMO.

I personally liked SOME Air battles more than Ground. Just because of the fact that if Pit is close enough to the ground he can make a mad dash that makes it easier to dodge attacks.
I just wish you had the same versatility as you do in Ground battle (easy dodging, using some powers)

And like was stated by others, I love the soundtrack and voice acting. The soundtrack never got boring, and the dialogue was always fun to listen to. I never quite understood the reviewers who mentioned the "overchatty" voiceovers and said hey liked that you could turn it off. How could you possibly play WITHOUThe dialogue??? 0_o one of the things I hated most about boss challenge mode was how they removed the dialogue from the battles, and it made me feel lonely, heheh...

That surprised me too, it would have been nice to hear Bosses chatter about wanting revenge and all, or even the dialogue from the battle.

Now, the one thing that stands out to me as somewhat disappointing is the lack of features in together mode. Don't get me wrong, together mode is fun (especially Light vs Dark), but I couldn't help but feel the battles were WAY too short and got monotonous quickly. I understand that I can't expect a console multiplayer experience like Smash Bros from a handheld game, but it would have been nice to have customizable time limit for free-for-all matches, additional rules like stock/time, etc. It would have also been nice to have 1 or 2 additional game modes. Personally, I think it would be REALLY cool tohave a mode where you could actually run around and pick up different weapons, powers, and modifiers like the City Trial mode in Kirby Air Ride.
I semi-agree. Uprisings main thing was its MASSIVE ARESENAL. And it would have been nice to see maybe a CTF or KoH gamemode for it. To me, that would have addes TONS more value to the multiplayer. And it was more then possible to put in since MPH had like, 8 or 9 different gamemodes? More stages would have also been nice. Like a few based of the first 10 levels and then maybe 5 that are like what we have now. Some sort of free roaking would have been AWESOME, for a game like this! But, not exactly something like City Trial. If I could just customize the training stage a bit that would make my day ^_^ maybe Sakurai will release an update or offer more stages and modes as DLC

Anyway, that's all I really have to say for now.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: