Hacking What do you guys think of the AceKard2

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's cheaply priced so why not pick up another cart? Go to DealExtreme.com, order one, and wait a few weeks. Soon you'll have a great flashcart for less than $25.

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
user interface is good but, when it comes to game compatibility, i say EDGE is better..
wink.gif

SchuchWun

Trophies
Website
videogamehackers.ca
XP
Country
Canada
I like the acekard, its very user friendly, fast loading times, cheats work great, hasn't crashed once. Doesn't seem to have a lot of updates though but thats alright cause they seem to get it right the first time.

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
Well if you have a CycloDS you have no logical need for another card, but i think the AK2 is cool, sticker will look aweful if you peel it off, be careful of the plastic clips they get white fatigue lines real easy, and if you do take the cart apart part of the silver of the sticker gets stuck to the actel proasic 3 underneath and causes it to lose the shiny layer (like when peeling a 360 warranty sticker while off most of time) it just peels off the color, and it looks bumpy if removed then replaced.

so yeah, be careful if your a nosy git that likes to look inside things,
the cart feels like cheap and unsound in built but its not so fragile it will break if you squeeze it or drop it, but still feels less sturdy than a real DS cart which isn't too good, and when you first handle it you will feel like it will break.

wonder what the original Acekard was like, kinda wish i had gotten into Flashcarding back when i got my DS....

vboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've had no problems at all with mine so far. The interface is fantastic, very fast load times. I haven't had any compatibility issues although when I soft reset NSMB I have trouble booting anything after it. As far as problems go that's the only one I've had so far. I'd reccommend it to anyone looking for a cheap flash cart. The build quality isn't anything to write home about though.

The only way I could see someone break the card was if they intentionally meant to break it. I've experimented with applaying force to both ends and a reasonable amount won't do any damage. If you're the wreckless type be careful
tongue.gif

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
they should make a new shell for the AK2 and have screws implemented, they have room for 2 at the sides.

and they should make the plastic clips bigger and maybe with more supple plastic, i still think the cartridge connectors should be bare of any plastic strips because those things can trap gunk, just keep the cartridge connectors dry and they will be fine.
white shells would look cool, the AK2 is awesome but its built doesnt reflect it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.