What do you guys think about Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by soulx, Sep 5, 2009.

Sep 5, 2009
  1. soulx
    OP

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    I would like to know what you think about Windows 7. Code-wise and User-Interface wise. I love the new taskbar. I never thought that a taskbar with only icons would be any good. Code-wise, it seems like Vista with a few improvements here and there. Based on my own "tests" it's pretty good performance wise but don't try running it on your Pentium 3 computer!

2. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    I changed the taskbar to a bit like the one before, not used to it otherwise. Going from XP to windows 7 lot of stuf fhas changed. I like the pinning stuff to the taskbar, dont liek the pinning stuff to applications, still trying to figure out why my music will mute when i'm playing tf2 and theres a sound effect.

3. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    I'm sticking with XP.

Windows just seems to be getting more and more like Mac, aesthetics wise. I use Mac when I want Mac, I don't want to have Mac when I want to use Windows.

And the super bar? Basically a dock with no magnification. Where's the originality going.

4. Lodis

Member Lodis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Put it this way, I thought XP was the best OS and I hated Vista. I just decided to give Windows 7 a quick test run on a new hard disk one day and I was amased. Not only does it run as fast or faster than XP, it is just as stable, makes better use of my CPU multi cores, gaming performance has improved and I can no longer go back to XP. Windows 7 is not simply an improved Vista, it is worlds apart from it.

If you decide to stick to XP thats fine but if you are saying that without actually having given Windows 7 a try then it is simply your loss. Microsoft have finally got it right and have created one of the best OS I have ever used period.

5. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    I have tried it. It just feels like a GUI improvement to me. XP was great, Vista was shit, 7 is just a Vista fix. Only thing that is appealing to me is the newer versions of Direct X.