What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
CR6x5UrWwAEGGV1.jpg:large

Amadren

Pasta Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have:
Accomplished 720 achievements on steam
Won every trophies on Bloodborne (350H played)
Top 10 in EU on World of Warcraft 3v3 arena
Won an official Mariokart 7 race

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlocked EVERY song in:
zBwCem5.jpg

And no my Extreme 2 and SuperNova does not have cases, and yes I used a controller because I'm too old to be jumping around.

100%'ed Ratchet & Clank 1 and 2:
NHjeWOb.jpg

Will complete the rest of the series later :/ (sometime later)

Raped this classic again:
xFtG267.jpg

Star 96 files A, B, and C (thanks Mark for the cart)

Still fighting this fawking thing, but only until stage 50 so I can get my Mega Speed Up:
fdaBfyD.jpg

And No I don't hack my 3DS games because of reasons, we all know (or should know) my views on this topic. If not read my posts.

Reactions: T-hug and VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Playing in Chapter 14 in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.
Died in a dungeon, but got rescued, and recieved a revive seed, thanks to @ihaveamac for his help :grog:

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not really me, but my sister started playing Pokémon White 2 and just beat the 4th gym.

I love passing my favorite games to young 'uns.

Flood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Started a bit of Soul Silver and Call of Pripyat. Keep getting lost in CoP and I'm constantly dying yet I can't put it down.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just beaten Bit.Trip RUNNER on 3DS.

A fun game. Very unforgiving too, I like that. But I can't stand how a Wiiware game lags this much on a 3DS without the 3D turned on. Sometimes I didn't get the bonus pellets on purpose to avoid that much lag. And on a game this unforgiving, you don't really need that lag. I'm beating all of the games in Bit.Trip SAGA, but this one deserved its own place.
4/5 for the game, 2/5 for the stupid port. Next step is Bit.Trip FATE.

Reactions: Lycan911

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I finished "Don't move". To a degree, it's an interesting take on what you can do with just 2 buttons and no timing (this isn't one finger death punch). But really...you're downright INSANE (and not in a good way) if you complete this without a walkthrough.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I beat "A New Dimension" mode with all trinkets in VVVVVV (3DS eShop). I moved on to "Golden Spiral" after, but that mode is just so hard that I'm not having fun, so I think I'm going to stop with this game, for now. Perhaps next time I get a VVVVVV itch, I'll pick up where I left off.

I also finally finished leveling up both subclasses on all three of my characters in Destiny (PS3), so I'm ready for the new subclass when The Taken King comes out next month. I'm really excited. I also leveled up all my exotic weapons (including my recently-purchased Gjallarhorn). All that's left now is to level up all my exotic armor: I have one piece I'm leveling on my warlock (I already leveled it once, but got a much better roll from an engram, so I'm leveling it again), and a good 5 or more each on my titan and hunter. No idea if I can finish leveling all those up before TTK (you can only wear one piece of exotic armor at a time, for those who don't know, so it's not as easy as equipping it all), but I'll try my damnedest!
I've been in a bit of a gaming slump since my last post, but I did beat a few games since then, and I'm finally getting out of my slump. :)
  • I beat the main story in Destiny: The Taken King (PS3) and most of the quests. The only major thing I have left is beating the raid. I have 2 characters at level 40, and another at 37. I've been primarily playing my main (warlock) because running multiple characters is so much more time-consuming now, but I do intend to get my hunter and titan through the story and leveled eventually.
  • I beat Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (3DS eShop). Really, really fun, and I went out of my way to knock out a couple of the harder feats while I was at it (like checkpointless).
  • I beat The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U) on the second quest with the hero mode modifier, and no deaths. Not the hardest Zelda game, but I'm still proud of myself.
  • I beat Bayonetta 2 (Wii U) on Nonstop Climax (the hardest difficulty). Took a LONG time and way too many deaths (I spent over 5 hours and 167 lives on the final fight with the masked lumen), and I only got all stone awards (except one silver award), but I'm so happy to have done it! Just to think that a couple years back I couldn't even DREAM of beating a stylish action game on normal difficulty. I think I'm going to move on to a Revengeance difficulty playthrough of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3) soon. :)
  • I beat the trial version of Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Wii U eShop). I really liked it (never played a FF game before), but it's way too big to fit on my 32 gb Wii U, and I don't have an external drive or enough money to buy both the game and the drive. :( Even if I deleted all my digital games and virtual console titles (I don't have that many), I still probably wouldn't have enough space thanks to the update/DLC content for Smash, Mario Kart, and Hyrule Warriors. Nintendo of America really dropped the ball on making a 16 gb game digital-only on a system where it takes well more than half of the largest hard-drive size (you only get like 24-25gb after Wii U OS software, IIRC). :(
And that's... really it. Damn, I really have been slumping with games. Good thing I have a job now and my depression is lifting, so I look forward to beating many games very soon. :yaysp:

Reactions: Deleted_171835

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if you'd count this as a gaming achievement or not, but it was while I was playing Rocksmith 2014 so I'm counting it. Basically I figured out a significantly easier way to play chords. Which I suspect is the 'correct' way to do it as opposed to my ham-fisted technique up til now. So say a chord needs me to hold all the strings on the third fret, except for two which need to be on fifth. Up til now I'd be doing some insane hand gymnastics to get all my fingers involved. It's actually easier to just cover all of the third fret across the board with one finger and put two others on the two fifth fret strings. The guitar will only register the note furthest to the right, so those two fingers on the fifth frets override the other finger holding down third, so only that fifth fret note counts on those strings, so the chord goes off without a hitch and without causing me massive hand cramps. In short, it's easier and as such my high scores have just taken a HUGE surge upwards.

It sounds painfully obvious now but after about a year of playing my guitar I swear I only just figured this out. As penance maybe next time I record myself playing Rocksmith I'll wear a dunce hat or something. But hey, one step closer to being a proper guitarist and being able to take the L plates off my amp :D

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the platinum trophy for steins gate. I've never gotten a plat before, but the trophy isn't particularly hard since its a visual novel and Ive been a huge fan ever since I watched the anime

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finally beaten every Bit.Trip game.

A few words on the games... they are good, interesting, original. But the games as a whole are truly a work of art. Now I understand everything, man... some things aside, it was a great experience. Such as life. Thank you.

As for the 3DS port... no, this is bad. There is not ONE game that doesn't lag with the 3D on and Bit.Trip RUNNER lags very badly with the 3D turned off as well. Bit.Trip VOID can only be controlled with the circle pad, making the game very frustrating. The audio is low, even for the 3DS, and you can't really play it on the go unless you've got earphones and a quiet environment. What pisses me off is that BEAT and FLUX look gorgeous with the 3D on, but the bad fps is not worth it.

My final verdict: play these games, but stay away from the 3DS port if you can. PC is a much better alternative.

Reactions: Ridge

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Platted Tales of Hearts R.
Used a guide to find all the coins and the balloon minigame though.
Beating the final boss on Unknown mode wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be after maxing out all character's levels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8