What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Sychu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's shitty
That is what i hear from most.
It's not. It's an okay game, but it doesn't really feel like Metroid.
This too x D. But I will still give it a shot. My favorite is the prime series, and fusion for GBA was one of the most awesome games i've ever played i'll never forget that cold snowy winter night when i was traveling as a child from maryland to new jersey playing with my worm lamp illuminated GBA that i ran across that giant living bug mucous and it was "breathing" and "glowing". Also dark samus always scared the **** out of me when she came around and you had to quickly hide away from her. They need to just stick with those 2 styles imo. Also :cry: @ the end.

gameshark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i made the best cheats for FIFA 14 (keeper powershots + skill moves + everything unlocked )for psp and ppsspp ( a psp emulator for windows).

just enjoy my video and these codes are for free for any psp and also the codes works on the usa and the euro version of Fifa 14

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
the past saturday I went to house of a friend and spent the afternoon playing a bit of Rayman Legends(that I bought recently, it was still sealed until that moment) and Project Diva F, later on at the night we continued our Borderlands 2 run of DLC characters and finished Torgue DLC, it was very funny and the loot is good, I personally took a hold of a rapid-fire torgue pistol(as fast as torgue pistols can be) an absorption shield and Moxxi's rifle that fires 3 corrosive bullets at the same time(can't remember the name).
I also lend him Bioshock Infinite PS3 mainly because he wanted to replay Bioshock 1 and Rayman Origins, he in response lend me his copy of Metalgear Rising insinuating that I must play it and here I'm playing it, is a good game that blends Metalgear universe with Platinum games style really well(except for the forced stealth, that part work well only on Prince of persia games IMHO).

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Learning to use bows in Monster Hunter 3U. Big jump from blademaster. Ended up capturing a gold rathian with just a bow and one faint. Keep in mind, the only other thing I've killed were two low rank rathians by this point!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I killed Cractus in Wario Land 4 on Hard mode. Man, some of these gems are just impossible to find, and the bosses in this game are a pain as well.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally got to play GTA Online now that the new patch has fixed it. Notable events so far: Robbing a convenience store only to get robbed by another player the moment I walked out, coming so close to winning my first proper race by literally an inch, then spending half an hour or so in deathmatches. Enjoying it so far. looking forward to unlocking more stuff. Which can be done quickly as I have the weekend off :D

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that's an achievement!

Indeed.
I was impressed with how powerful Rolf ended up being, because he always seemed underpowered despite my attempts to train him early on. But, then I got to Oliver's manor and I placed him at the railing above where all the soldiers spawned, he had a field-day picking them off with the silencer and upgraded to a marksman, and before I knew it, he was the strongest beorc AND had a three space range whence to attack. He quickly jumped up to the top of the list of characters to bring into the tower after being off the radar for so long.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I beat The Wind Waker HD on Hero Mode two days ago. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it a no-death run (I died multiple times in the first couple dungeons), but the game gets incredibly easy after dungeon 2 since you have easier access to potions, additional bottles, heart pieces, and the like. I didn't die a single time after the second dungeon.

I also collected all the Tingle Statues and completed the figurine gallery. I've never done that before in any of my six previous playthroughs.

Reactions: Maxternal

Sychu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat The Wind Waker HD on Hero Mode two days ago. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it a no-death run (I died multiple times in the first couple dungeons), but the game gets incredibly easy after dungeon 2 since you have easier access to potions, additional bottles, heart pieces, and the like. I didn't die a single time after the second dungeon.

I also collected all the Tingle Statues and completed the figurine gallery. I've never done that before in any of my six previous playthroughs.

Awesome! But i wish nintendo would make a true "Hero" mode. I mean what's the point in having it if it's only slightly more difficult.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! But i wish nintendo would make a true "Hero" mode. I mean what's the point in having it if it's only slightly more difficult.
The difficulty spike was definitely there. I mean, no hearts, replenish health only through potions and fairies, double damage.

The problem is that Wind Waker is without a doubt the easiest Zelda game ever. I've been playing Skyward Sword on Hero Mode as well, and it's much harder.

Sychu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The difficulty spike was definitely there. I mean, no hearts, replenish health only through potions and fairies, double damage.

The problem is that Wind Waker is without a doubt the easiest Zelda game ever. I've been playing Skyward Sword on Hero Mode as well, and it's much harder.

I see and i may agree with you on that x D. I want to say twilight princess was the easiest but IT had that cave challenge level.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So a few days ago I sat down to finally beat the original The Legend of Zelda on NES, which I was halfway through a playthrough of, only to find that my save data got erased. I double checked the saving ability and it still worked, so I thought it was a fluke, and started again. After randomly losing the data again today, I gave up and decided to play the Wii U virtual console version instead.

I ended up beating it in one day (took me 8 hours, according to my play log) with 100% completion. Thing is, I definitely used the Zelda Dungeon walkthrough for most of it, as well as save states for the harder parts toward the end (though I forced myself to not use them every second).

Generally I'm opposed to just playing an entire game from a walkthrough or while using save states, but I had already beaten half the game without it before, and frankly the game felt impossible otherwise. I understand the game was from a different time, and I love a game with a ridiculous difficulty setting, but even I have my limits.

The game is absolutely archaic by modern standards (putting required secrets in places where no one could ever possibly know to look without accidentally stumbling on it, etc), and most of the difficulty and "punishment" for failing is just artificial lengthening of the game with monotonous tasks. Id est, die in the last dungeon? Sucks for you, you have to start at the beginning with all the enemies respawned and only three hearts. If you want more, you're going to have to find a hidden potion shop. Oh, you don't have enough rupees to buy a potion? Fuck you, you're going to have to grind for 68 rupees, have fun (a process which can easily take 30 minutes or more, considering how rarely enemies actually drop anything compared to newer games).

In the end, i didn't enjoy myself that much (probably the least I've enjoyed a Zelda game, honestly), but I'm glad I played and beat it, if only to get it over with. Now to complete my playthrough of the entire series, I just need to beat Zelda II and Four Swords Adventures. Then I'll be all ready for A Link Between Worlds' release this November! :D

Reactions: Thomas83Lin

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a few days ago I sat down to finally beat the original The Legend of Zelda on NES, which I was halfway through a playthrough of, only to find that my save data got erased. I double checked the saving ability and it still worked, so I thought it was a fluke, and started again. After randomly losing the data again today, I gave up and decided to play the Wii U virtual console version instead.
I'd venture to guess that your battery needs replacing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...