GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My friend is wanting to sell his 360 Pro for 35$. He says there's one issue with it, and it's that the video no longer shows.
I'm interested in it, because of the price.
Why would the video NOT show, and what are some fixes?

Besides buying a new component cable. If that didnt fix it, what could be the issue and how could I fix it.

Thanks

*Can't send it in warranty expired" Pro is about 2 years old, 2 Previous RROD's fixed by Microsoft*

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Possible reasons for no video? Cable failure, port failure, HANA failure, GPU failure, or one of the connections between all of the above. Normally a HANA/GPU failure leads to RRoD. It's highly possible that it's on the verge of getting a RRoD anyway, if there is a failure internally, except if it's something to do with the port (e.g. if the contacts are scratched up or if any foreign bodies are dirtying it).

Another possibility is the most stupid but also most likely explanation. Have you checked that your component/composite cable switch (located at the end which plugs into the Xbox) is at the right setting? If you're using 3 wires, set the switch to TV. If you're using 5 wires, set the switch to HDTV. Check that you're using the right setting (and/or that the switch itself isn't damaged).

...Or it's possible that the TV connections themselves might be damaged/dirty, but I've never seen this happen with any TV.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
But if it's E74 RRoD (usually due to a damaged solder or connection between the GPU, HANA scaler and the output port), you won't be able to claim it under the warranty until you actually get RRoD, due to the number of other reasons that could cause no video problems which have nothing to do with the internals.

First thing to check out is always the cable, and the TV/HDTV switch on the cable.

If nothing works, then the next course of action is to call M$ themselves and complain at them for making (arguably) the worst console design in history (that said, when it works, it works well, but that doesn't excuse the bad design in the first place). They'll probably have a list of things to check what's wrong before telling you to send it in to them for refurbishment/replacement.

mp2609

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the exact same problem of no picture showing. Sent it into MS saying it was RROD, and they fixed it and sent it back, still flashed
yay.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mp2609 said:
I had the exact same problem of no picture showing. Sent it into MS saying it was RROD, and they fixed it and sent it back, still flashed
yay.gif

And they didnt charge you the 140.00 charge?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte