Hacking What cheat plugin to use on 6.60?

FrostyWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a PSP-2000, 6.60, using 6.60 pro c2.

I for the life of me can not find a cheat engine that wants to work right.

TempAR 1.63: Perfect, but crashes on some games while in the menu for it.

CWCheat 0.2.3: Will not open.

CheatMaster Fusion: Works, but anywhere in the menu where it is supposed to show controls is blank (for instance, instead of "press X to confirm" it says "Press to confirm", and also crashes randomly both in menu and in game, even if I'm not using cheats.

FreeCheat 1.0.12.18: Locks up as soon as I hit codes.

NitePR rev f: Works, but is a old revision, and it's not exactly the most feature filled thing.

ANY plugin that requires a "Hit home twice and then..." hook does not work. So I can't use the latest NitePR for example.

So, what is the like, go to thing here for this firmware?

The only other plugins I am running are:
Custom Home 1.3.4
PSP States (which, no matter what game I try it in, after saving breaks the game after I walk a few more steps...so not sure what the deal with this is either)
Audio Boost
Hold+
PSP Power Saver

Any help would be appreciated.
EDIT: Well, I just saw this thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/help-with-cheat-device-install.349464/
Was able to at least get CWCheat launching with the link in that topic. Not sure if I will have random freeze issues yet cause I just got it working, looking up how to update the cheat database for it now, but if anyone has a link to that it would be greatly appreciated.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. I couldn't get TempAR to work with Custom Home, so I disabled Custom Home for now. Unfortunately I can't use save states without it. CWCheat didn't always show the cheatlist, even though it existed. CheatMaster Fusion never worked at all for me. I didn't try any others.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use cwcheat on 6.60 pro b9 and lme and it works
Did you install it correctly, does it not show up, or does it freeze your game

FrostyWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. I couldn't get TempAR to work with Custom Home, so I disabled Custom Home for now. Unfortunately I can't use save states without it. CWCheat didn't always show the cheatlist, even though it existed. CheatMaster Fusion never worked at all for me. I didn't try any others.

I had similar issues. TempAR worked with custom home for me, but on certain games (Like FFIV Complete) it would just freeze the psp when I opened it. Other games it worked flawlessly. Save states NEVER work for me, after saving, when I go back to the game sound won't be playing, etc, and next time it has to "load" data it just crashes. Tested it on about 6 games, same result everytime.

I use cwcheat on 6.60 pro b9 and lme and it works
Did you install it correctly, does it not show up, or does it freeze your game

Like I said in my edit, I got it working, but just like DGenerateKane metions, its not with out issues, 1/2 the time when you open up the cheatlist it is empty, and I have had 0 luck with reloading it from with in the CWCheat program. Before, I was using the same version of CWCheat (but a different download) and it wouldn't even open.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse