Help with Cheat Device install

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Hylianzero, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Hylianzero
    OP

Hylianzero GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    United States
    Hello. Some info to start:
    PSP 3000
    CFW 6.60 PRO-C2

I've been trying to get a cheat device install/set up and I've hit a brick wall here. I tried TempAR first and the installation went ok, but when I initialized it in Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness it caused my PSP to freeze and reboot. So, as per the sticky topic, I went down the line and moved on to CWcheat. I followed a Youtube video to get it set up, but it still doesnt seem to be working at all when I hold down select in the game.

Would someone be able to walk me through setting up a cheat engine or recommend a tutorial? I don't care which engine, really, as long as it works.

Now, I know that theres always a big debate about cheating in games, but I'm really not looking for a debate on this.

Thanks in advance!

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    What other plugins do you have?

3. Hylianzero
    OP

Nov 21, 2010
    United States
    None what so ever

4. Hylianzero
    OP

Nov 21, 2010
    United States
    Lets try again.

5. Xarsah16

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    I haven't tried with Disgaea, but did the extracted folder you downloaded look something like this?

[​IMG]

If it does, I was having problems with it too. Try downloading CWCheat from here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?uz4fn4qvinwc748

This is a condensed plugin version that does the same CWCheat job. :) (I got it from the Black Chocobo wiki - I was hacking my Final Fantasy VII game. Success with this plugin for me!)