Hacking what cart for DSi?

crazynwild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend just bought a new DSi, as a present for my nephew, i've only used a dstt card for a ds lite,
never messed with the DSi, what cart would you recommend?
the dstt card is really easy to use, just drag and drop
i would like one like that if possible.
thanks

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTWO if you have the money. (has GBA emulation and some other goodies...)
acekard 2i if you want to spend a little less, but no GBA emulation, but has bypass anti piracy option.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For a nephew? So I'm assuming just a little youngling right? You should invest in the Acekard 2i. It's very easy to use. Drag and drop. It runs all the newest games, it's cheap. It's the perfect card for a young child who just wants to play games and doesn't care much about anything else. It does homebrew as well.

It's $15.00 at ShopTemp.

Acekard 2i @ www.shoptemp.com

I have a DSi XL and the Acekard is the best thing I ever used for it. You MIGHT have to do the paper trick if your Acekard has contact issues. It's a 50/50 it will/won't. But there's tutorials for that on here
smile.gif

alejolink11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Age and interest really depends on this one.
SCDStwo is a good card for everything
as Acekard2i is great for its simplicity and easy use as well as it can run alot of things
and is easily patched and upgraded.

If he really wants a great and fullfilling experience and wants to exploit the DS to the max
then SCDStwo is the one for him.

If he just wants games, your basic homebrew and simplicity then an acekard2i is great for aabout 1/2 the price of the SCDStwo.

I have a an Acekard2i because I was kind of a newbie when I bought it but Im looking forward to a SCDStwo

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Every cart nowadays is drag and drop.

You have two choices for carts that have proper support/updates.
[*]Acekard 2i
  • Price: $16 from shoptemp.com
  • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play lots of games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.
[*]Supercard DSTwo
cardchart.gif

• DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • AP Bypass
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

If you don't like referral links, the non-ref versions are here.
Acekard 2i
Supercard DSTwo

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Rydian you should add AP for Acekard2i in ur chart since the last firmware update allow u to turn on/off a special AP mode which so far works on all games i've tried.

And ill restate what was said earlier coz i totally agree:

AK2i = Simplicity, battery life, not expansive
tongue.gif

SCDS2 = Versatility and more potential.

So ya for a kid id recomend an AK2i, for anyone who likes to play around with their cart beside just playing DS game, then go for SCDS2.

I personally own both and don't regret either purchase.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
SS4 said:
Hey Rydian you should add AP for Acekard2i in ur chart since the last firmware update allow u to turn on/off a special AP mode which so far works on all games i've tried.

And ill restate what was said earlier coz i totally agree:

AK2i = Simplicity, battery life, not expansive
tongue.gif

SCDS2 = Versatility and more potential.

So ya for a kid id recomend an AK2i, for anyone who likes to play around with their cart beside just playing DS game, then go for SCDS2.

I personally own both and don't regret either purchase.
it doesn't count because it's not an offical feature

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
SS4 said:
Hey Rydian you should add AP for Acekard2i in ur chart since the last firmware update allow u to turn on/off a special AP mode which so far works on all games i've tried.AKAIO's Anti-Anti-Piracy (AAP) is NOT the same thing as the DSTwo's "clean mode".

NormmattIts an attempt at software emulating reads below 8000h which is used to detect flashcarts.
[...]
It will solve the standard read below 8000h checks that are coming out recently
The AP it bypasses is the new "generic AP we'll stick on every game" that Nintendo came up with, that's why it's working on all the new titles. It's not something that can be done on "weaker" carts, it was mentioned the R4 is not capable of it properly, that's why Wood doesn't have that option and is patching the individual games as they come out.

It currently breaks single-cart download-play, that's why it's optional (so you can turn it off in order to use that feature), future AKAIO versions will not have the AAP option on the screen because it'll be integrated.

It's nothing special, it's just a new line of AP bypasses like everything else, they just happened to nip it in the bud early.

RaveFlyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I tripping or did that thing say no in-game cheats for AceKard 2i. Does that mean accessing a menu for cheats while playing or not being able to use cheats at all.

Basically I have the M3iZero had it for a while, seems like the people are kind of lax on the firmware, just now got frustrated with the lack of AP bypass when 999 came out and saw a lot of people playing it with the AceKard and DSTWO.

So if I want, Cheats, AP Bypass, and a card that is going to last me a long ass time...what do I want to go for.

Consider money not a deciding factor seeing as how Christmas is coming up pretty soon.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
RaveFlyz said:
Am I tripping or did that thing say no in-game cheats for AceKard 2i. Does that mean accessing a menu for cheats while playing or not being able to use cheats at all.It means no in-game menu (the text below it says "while the game is running").

QUOTE(RaveFlyz @ Nov 26 2010, 02:28 AM) So if I want, Cheats, AP Bypass, and a card that is going to last me a long ass time...what do I want to go for.
Supercard DSTwo, it's got AP bypass with it's "clean mode"... though you can update your cheats wirelessly with the acekard 2i.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh another point worth mentioning.

If u update ur DSi firmware before ur AK2i and ur AK2i stop workings u need a DS lite to be able to update ur firmware as otherwise its impossible because u need to boot the cart to update.

The SCDS2 can always be updated because the CPU allows it to read the update info from the MicroSD card directly just before the Cart boots.

So if u only have a DSi i would go SCDS2 as otherwise u might need access to a DS lite to update firmware on ur AK2i in some situation (like u update accidently or ur newly bought DSi firmware version is to recent at purchase).

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it's siblings, if one child has a DSi, the other might have a DSi as well. But just saying "update using DSL" is misleading, because people do have two DSi's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.