Hacking What card to buy

theforbidden1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys,

i want to buy flash cards help me to pick.

I would buy DSTT TopToy but there are sold out on deal extreme
frown.gif

Now i have these to pick:

$17,5 EZflash V Plus
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14793

$21,27 Mars
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13528

$23.59 Edge DS
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10919
The thing i don't like on Edge is they ship without box (and i would like to have the box to resell)

$23,01 AceKard 2
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811
The bad thing is they have reputation of die, after a month of use

$17,50 R4 Advance
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14778
Is probably a clone
frown.gif
Will the clone kill DS?

$17,40 ND1
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14794
probably an r4 clone

$13,94 N5
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11457
This has reputation of killing NDS

From the ones on this list which one is the best pick?
Is EZflash V Plus good?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Man, no....you didn't.....there are soooo many topics like this....Just look a bit around.....

From this list, buy AceKard 2..
If you don't want it, then Edge..
If don't want that either, get EZ Flash Plus V, PharaohsVizier just did a review on it recently, and it's a great cart, he recommends it!!

The other carts, don't even consider....and please.....check reviews, check the other threads, don't be lazy and simply post the question that has been answered 1000 of times!!

Cheers!!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theforbidden1 said:
$17,5 EZflash V Plus
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14793

$23.59 Edge DS
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10919
The thing i don't like on Edge is they ship without box (and i would like to have the box to resell)

$23,01 AceKard 2
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811
The bad thing is they have reputation of die, after a month of use
These are the only carts you listed that aren't just R4 clones, and all three of these are better than the DSTT. Out of these three carts I'd recommend the AK2. It has the best features of the three, and just about the best interface of any DS flashcart. The only cart I would currently recommend over the AK2 is the CycloDS Evolution, but it costs twice as much (it's worth it if you can afford it though).

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recommend the AK2. If you want the GBA Expansion pack, consider EZFlash V Plus with the EZ 3in1 (cost about $40 in bundle).
The Mars, R4 Advance, ND1, and N5 are the WORST options to go with. (Clones/Bricking Capabilities)

touchmyichi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matriculated said:
There needs to be a poll on what card to buy permanently posted on every page of this site...

AK2 is by far the best of the bunch followed by Edge, imho.

Exactly! Let's get a sticky on the front of this forum that says "READ FIRST: What flashcart should I buy?" which would have a brief synopsis of every flashcart with polls and other information. We seriously get at least 10 of these a day so hopefully it will help lower this a little.

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a mod would just sticky my Flashcard Comparison Chart, we'd be good.

Refer to the chart.

Click.

Now.

Back on topic...

Get the CycloDS with a Cyclo and a 2GB bundle it's only 60$ the 2GB will last you for awhile, you can store about 50 - 80 games on there, I myself, would buy 2 of the 2GB or buy a 4GB for 2$ more. If you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT afford it WHATSOEVER, AND YOU CANNOT SAVE FOR IT, then go with the Supercard or Acekard 2. It's up to you which one is the best and fits your needs, refer to my chart to figure out which one is better.

Right here.

- Mike

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevinup91 said:
I don't know much about these other flashcarts, but R4 is mostly-stable, affordable, and functional.

rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S THE FUNNIEST THING I SAW ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hint: Don't take info from newbies.

R4 is Out-Dated and more expensive then most of the other carts (except the better ones, Cyclo, R.P.G.)

They don't update there product anymore and the team is DEAD. (When have YOU last updated?)

R4 is a very bad flashcard, sure they were good in 2007, but it's dead now.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
geeeeez
the R4 is not a "very bad card" it runs almost every rom, so if you have it and you don't need any of the extra features the other cards has, why do you get rid of it?
BUT if you're buying a new card i wouldn't recommend it because there are much better cards for much cheaper price

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Upperleft said:
geeeeez
the R4 is not a "very bad card" it runs almost every rom, so if you have it and you don't need any of the extra features the other cards has, why do you get rid of it?
BUT if you're buying a new card i wouldn't recommend it because there are much better cards for much cheaper price

Exactly

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
Upperleft said:
geeeeez

Exactly

Seconded. But, it doesn't run "almost every" new rom when they don't even update it anymore. The only people that should keep the R4 is if all they want is to play their old crappy games that they've already played 100 times....

Speed Freak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
DeMoN said:
Noobs: Stop recommending the R4, the topic creator clearly doesn't want one.

And get an Acekard 2, I heard the bad batches are all gone.

In that case, I got a bad one. Had a R4 for almost a year and had problems with ONE game so far (which I don't recall, btw). Then I gave it to my sister and got an AK2. It worked for about a month and a half and now it freezes everytime in the Nintendo screen.

Now I decided to give Edge a try, so let's see if it's good in about a month, cause I ordered it yesterday. Well, call me noob if you want, but for my personal experience, I'd go with a R4 over an AK2. I'd rather play most old games than no games at all.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Speed Freak said:
DeMoN said:

In that case, I got a bad one. Had a R4 for almost a year and had problems with ONE game so far (which I don't recall, btw). Then I gave it to my sister and got an AK2. It worked for about a month and a half and now it freezes everytime in the Nintendo screen.

Now I decided to give Edge a try, so let's see if it's good in about a month, cause I ordered it yesterday. Well, call me noob if you want, but for my personal experience, I'd go with a R4 over an AK2. I'd rather play most old games than no games at all.
Yes, that's understandable, but you can't generalize that..
It's like saying that some crappy old car is better than new broken Ferrari, it is, because it drives, but that doesn't mean that all old crappy cars are better than Ferraries..It was a bad luck that you got bad batch, it doesn't change the fact that AK2 IS better than R4..
wink.gif

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Toni Plutonij said:
Speed Freak said:
DeMoN said:

Yes, that's understandable, but you can't generalize that..
It's like saying that some crappy old car is better than new broken Ferrari, it is, because it drives, but that doesn't mean that all old crappy cars are better than Ferraries..It was a bad luck that you got bad batch, it doesn't change the fact that AK2 IS better than R4..
wink.gif

That is 100% true. This issue is like resolved now. Even if it stops working, get it REPLACED.
R4 is garbage. Well, now it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i only ate normal cotton candy