What can replace DSone?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Reploid, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Reploid
    OP

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    My nephew (don't like him anymore), once have downloaded an update for 3DS, but I manage to stop him before he had a chance to apply it. But now he finally have finished what he had started. Now I have 4.5 firmware so my DSone wont boot even with newest software (tried to update it with firmware writter).

I never had any other flashcard, so I do not know what to choose. I can buy Dstwo, but its kinda pricey, good altgouht.
    R4i Gold can last long, and its really sheap, but I'm not sure about its funcionality. What can I loose, beside quicksaving, if I'll buy this one?
    Or there is any more alternatives?

Moreover I dont have any other DS's around, so I need a card that can lauch on 4.5 out of the box, or have a firmware writter alongside it.

2. stylemalls37
    This message by stylemalls37 has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Jul 7, 2013.
    Jul 7, 2013
  3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Just get the DSTwo. It's never been blocked permanently, whereas older models of every single other cart have,

4. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    go for the dstwo, it has never been blocked and you can update the dstwo with an up to date 3ds

5. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    Wait how did your nephew update you 3ds to firmware 4.5, i thought that the newest 3ds firmware was 6.1 or something like that?

But yeah pay a little more and get a ds2 it's alot better the any other cards, it's the price of a retail game so its not to bad.

Also the R4i Gold team have new hardware revisions coming out basicly every month and they drop firmware updates for "older" revision so if you get one know it might last you about 2-3 3ds fimware updates before you need a new one

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    3DS game carts can require updates, and they include whatever version they require.

7. Reploid
    OP

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Alrighty, I guess DStwo is the best choice after all. Thaky you all for support.
    He did it a long time ago, I just declined every request from console to update itself with downloaded firmware for a few months. If he downloaded that a bit sooner (when 4.4 was around), then my DSone would still work

8. JaronMatthewHigg

JaronMatthewHigg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2012
    United States
    You made the right choice. DSTwo is a great flashcart. Fast and easy updates, an absolutely WONDERFUL GUI.