Apple What are your thoughts on the 4S and Siri?

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just got my new 4S yesterday. Still exploring.

Siri is kind of neat. The writers anticipated all kinds of amusing questions ("what's the meaning of life", "what are you wearing", etc etc).

The coolest stuff, such as searching for locations or reminding you to do something when you get to the office, only work in the US! Boooo! I know it's only a Beta, but it still feels like Apple released this just a bit too early.

Here in Japan everyone is amused because, when pronounced in katakana, Siri sounds like the Japanese word for butt.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Apparently my friends asked it, "Where can I find some ", and it gave them directions to a hooker.

are you sure it didn't just pull up you mom's contact info from the address book?

fyi, i accidently clicked the like button on your post by mistake. i didn't even realize it was there and don't know how to undo it, so don't get excited.

ShadowFyre

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Apparently my friends asked it, "Where can I find some ", and it gave them directions to a hooker.

are you sure it didn't just pull up you mom's contact info from the address book?

fyi, i accidently clicked the like button on your post by mistake. i didn't even realize it was there and don't know how to undo it, so don't get excited.

...Alright, you burned me. There's your glory. Gratz.
Siri is pretty interesting though. If nothing else, at least you have someone to talk to
/forever alone.

Kiaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
selfdestruct.gif

Reactions: 1 person

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Siri is a great gimmick, it's that awesome thing you want to show off to your friends. In reality, it's only useful feature is being able to easily set reminders and use your phone better in the car.

Once the API is released and Siri can plug into other apps it should be interesting, hopefully it becomes that center hub where you can do anything by talking to it.

junn

Trophies
Website
flic.kr
XP
Country
United States
well,what i like about Siri is that you can search the 'net without typing,
like: "google nintendo 3ds" or "bing microsoft".
and play or stop a song: "play comfortably numb"..no need to open the music app,
as long that music is in your phone.
here's more what you can say to Siri..yes siree.
http://www.tuaw.com/...ou-say-to-siri/

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Here in Japan everyone is amused because, when pronounced in katakana, Siri sounds like the Japanese word for butt.
This is the best.

Anyway, where did you get the iPhone from? SoftBank?

Siri is pretty much neat, and you can read my 4S review here.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this gets some functionality with z-SubSonic in the future so that I can play any song I want ever that's on my computer while on my phone.

Some things I'm not liking are for example seeing in that review are for example she asks for measurement conversions instead of reading back the answer it displays it, that's pretty pointless, I see no reason why it shouldn't just be able to read back the answer if it can fetch it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be good...