Hacking What are your thoughts about the iEDGE? Should i get it?

zzz92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm a new dsi xl user and i'm seeking for a flastcart. i've seen many reviews and all but because of all the clones in the industry i'm finding it hard to make a decision. iEDGE is a card that seems to fit my needs, but i would like to know how do you all feel about the card. i hope you guys can help.

P.S. i basically use the card for playing offical games that's about all, but i do want a quality card with a good support.

Solution
The iEDGE is not really recommended, as there are 2 much better flashcarts now:
Acekard 2i: Good compatibility,
Supercard DSTWO: Perfect compatibility. It doesn't require any update to run all latest games and those that will be released.
The DSTWO can play GBA games and has much, much more extra features than any other flashcart to date, except the CycloDS iEvolution, which has DSi compatibility, but it isn't that stable as of now.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll let you know when I receive mine.

tbh, I've always found the interface on the edge very nice and quick, so I decided to grab one for my new DSi XL as well.

I have many other flash carts including the supercard ds two and acekard 2i, but I'm put off by how tight the ds two fits into the slot (due to the large actel chip) and the build quality of the acecards (2 of mine died due to the micro sd slot not being able to recognise the micro sd cards anymore)

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The iEDGE is not really recommended, as there are 2 much better flashcarts now:
Acekard 2i: Good compatibility,
Supercard DSTWO: Perfect compatibility. It doesn't require any update to run all latest games and those that will be released.
The DSTWO can play GBA games and has much, much more extra features than any other flashcart to date, except the CycloDS iEvolution, which has DSi compatibility, but it isn't that stable as of now.

Solution

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you've used an EDGE flash cart for the original DS series, then the iEDGE will function exactly the same.

after receiving the item, you simply need to run the bootstrap updater (the iEDGE ships unflash for legal reasons) and then power it up and let the update do its thing (a built-in led in the iEDGE will display its progress by blinking faster and faster until it stops, indicating that the cart's firmware bootstrap has successfully been updated).

after that, you simply download and copy the iEDGE files from EDGE-DS.CN and as seen below, the menu system looks identical to what you've known and loved about the original EDGE cart.

unlike the original EDGE cart, the iEDGE does not auto-launch, but instead appears as the japanese DS title, Shikakui Atama wo Maruku Suru - DS Joushiki Nanmon no Shou

http://www.phosphors.com/images/temp/screenshot_20110323-195712_0001.png

zzz92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thx very much Sausage Head! But i'm not getting the DStwo, I'm getting the iEDGE and the Acekard 2i, for build quality and support!

[ found a nice price for both carts!, just replying to say thanks and hope that this helped other people make their choice as well! sorry that it's not an answer! ]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    man now I want some weed
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Thanks ken
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Great game. But I'd buy it straight up before paying for prime. Unless you order something everyday from amazon, not worth it imo
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm one of those people that Amazon loses money on the Prime subscription with
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I abuse the fuck out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Prime says I've already saved $400 this year lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where do you see how much you've saved?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Under orders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    See maybe good for you guys, but I don't hardly ever order from amazon, maybe only couple times a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Primes great because I stopped getting into arguments with the door greeter at Walmart
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahahaha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They see me so much in there they don't even ask for me receipt anymore tbh
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Pain in the ass, don't see it anywhere on the desktop site, had to pull it up on my phone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think they gave up on the website and mainly focus on the app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Desktop site > mobile site > mobile app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Mobile app is such absolute dogshit, I haven't used it in SO long
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah mobile versions better people don't think about how apps are just shrunken down websites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be the phone connection etc I've mostly been fine with the app
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Regardless fuck bezos
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did someone loose a leg? You're fired