What are your DS flashcards?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by LeonPro12, Jul 13, 2019.

1. enarky

enarky owls?

GBAtemp Patron
    enarky is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 31, 2003
    Afghanistan
    It was the card to have during the early 3DS era because it was so easily updateable during the cat and mouse game Nintendo had with flash cart manfacturers, but its interface is clunky and it draws a lot of power. Nowadays I prefer the Acekard 2i with AKAIO as menu.

LeonPro12 likes this.
  2. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    How is the interface clunky? And it has some special RealTime features and stuff.

3. enarky

enarky owls?

GBAtemp Patron
    enarky is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 31, 2003
    Afghanistan
    I can only say I don't like it a lot. Choosing a game feels slow as molasses.

4. lisreal2401

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    I didn't mind the OS

I really, really didn't like the power it would suck idling though and after 3DS was blown open and GBA/SNES surpassed what it could manage I ended up selling off the LE I had for way more than it probably is worth.

But, now I have the iEvo and despite the terrible DSi mode it's a really nice DS mode cart though.

Technicmaster0 and LeonPro12 like this.
  5. enonew

enonew Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2019
    United States
    i have a r4i gold 3ds plus and a r4i gold pro

LeonPro12 likes this.
  6. JosephNeale

JosephNeale GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Wirral, England, UK
    I only have the Supercard DSTWO (not + model) witch I don't use any more because of the Twilight Menu.

Last edited by JosephNeale, Jul 18, 2019
    LeonPro12 likes this.
  7. Sophie-bear

Sophie-bear The Coolest Bear Around

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Supercard DSTwo (Non-plus model), though the build quality of those cards was crap so it's fallen apart but can still work if sandwich the parts together I insert it just right... and a DSTTi.

Excuse the dust on the DSTWO card, it doesn't really see much use anymore.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by Sophie-bear, Jul 18, 2019
    LeonPro12 and alexander1970 like this.
  8. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria

But you sure always have fun when you use the DSTwo:

Suspense (if the Card still survives the insertion), fun (yes, it still holds) and play.:D

Sophie-bear and LeonPro12 like this.
  9. Lopz0r

Lopz0r Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2019
    Brazil
    I have two bricked cards i've tried to recover so much, but to no avail. It's a white R4 SDHC clone and an Acekard 2i.

I then bought a new (like 2 years ago) R4Gold Pro. The Gold Pro has been working flawlessly on both my systems (n3ds and dslite).

Now thinking about it, i really miss the Acekard 2i. A pity i wasnt able to recover it.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Lopz0r, Jul 22, 2019
    LeonPro12 likes this.
  10. MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2018
    Canada
    Got 2 cards. A "R4-SDHC Upgrade" which I don't really use and a "Acekard 2i" which I use in my DSi.

LeonPro12 likes this.
  11. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    LeonPro12 likes this.
  12. Lopz0r

Lopz0r Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2019
    Brazil
    Eh, at this point i'm doing good with the GoldPro, if i ever decide to try to recover them again i'll give it a check, but i've spent way too much time trying to ressurect them with no success.

I was just posting them because this is what the thread is about, not intentionally asking for help with recovering them btw :P

EDIT: Thinking about it, i think i wasnt able to ever recover the Acekard to a functioning state, but i was at least able to use it to boot the cfw file for the 3ds (NTRBoot i think?) So it's not entirely useless, but i do miss the Acekard Kernel.

Last edited by Lopz0r, Jul 22, 2019
    LeonPro12 likes this.