Speedrunners of GBATEMP

What are y'all's favorite Speedrun games

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, Mario 64 is pretty ridiculous. it's like platforming perfection with those speedrunners. I used to try speed running Mega Man games and DKC. I'd mostly try beating all robots in Mega Man with just the mega/x buster. I'm pretty rusty now. I don't exactly speedrun much anymore, just try to see how quickly I can get to 99 lives in dkc returns, tropical freeze, nsmb wii, or nsmb u. I play 3d world sometimes too. what's ironic is that you can get over 1,000 lives in that game, and you don't exactly gain lives quickly unless you do the koopa shell trick. I don't do those sorts of things. I go through the games normally.

Norris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, Mario 64 is pretty ridiculous. it's like platforming perfection with those speedrunners. I used to try speed running Mega Man games and DKC. I'd mostly try beating all robots in Mega Man with just the mega/x buster. I'm pretty rusty now. I don't exactly speedrun much anymore, just try to see how quickly I can get to 99 lives in dkc returns, tropical freeze, nsmb wii, or nsmb u. I play 3d world sometimes too. what's ironic is that you can get over 1,000 lives in that game, and you don't exactly gain lives quickly unless you do the koopa shell trick. I don't do those sorts of things. I go through the games normally.
I prefer Speedrun games that are shorter it's annoying playing for 30 minutes then having a run die but your picks are pretty good nsmbw is a really great Speedrun game haven't ran nsmbU or 3d world speedruns but have played the games and there really great.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer Speedrun games that are shorter it's annoying playing for 30 minutes then having a run die but your picks are pretty good nsmbw is a really great Speedrun game haven't ran nsmbU or 3d world speedruns but have played the games and there really great.
I make it a little more challenging by trying to get all kong letters and doing all stages in the dkc games, and without dying if possible, though it happens. with nsmb u, I get all star coins and do all stages as well, but I don't do that with nsmb wii, since I don't know where all star coins are, so it takes longer to get to 99 lives usually with that one. I do not do all stages in nsmb wii. it's always a straight path to the goal on and off the map.

Andy2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Super Metroid all the way! Dark Souls close 2nd tho
Edit: And of course SM64, duh. Maybe the most ran game of all time.

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: