Hacking What are things i should NOT do, so i dont get banned?

Bellebite2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hey, im new here, and im also new to nintendo switch homebrew and i installed some games with tinfoil. Could some one please give me a list of ways to get banned so i can avoid.

Be a good kid, buy all your games, pay your online sub starting next month, and don't spend too much time on those forums. It will get you out of any potential troubles.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well fuck, if i get banned ill just do it more lol, what does banning restrict?
Depends on the ban type

Normal bans block access to the eshop and online features in games

CDN bans block eshop, online features, game updates, and firmware updates. So pretty much everything online related

Normal bans used to be the more common type but now Nintendo seems to be using CDN bans more

Kukielka

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, im new here, and im also new to nintendo switch homebrew and i installed some games with tinfoil. Could some one please give me a list of ways to get banned so i can avoid.
Ive already gone online, haha and i dont have a big enough sd card to do a NAND backup
Your console is most likely already flagged for a ban then.
Installing NSPs you dont have the ticket for is a known ban cause.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
sx os now has stealth mode so go for it :P

Do you know how the SXOS stealth mode even works? It blocks ALL online communications. It's the same as staying in airplane mode and never going online. not to mention it's the same kind of "stealth mode" that Atmosphere and it's derivatives already had AND something you can easily replicate with a DNS homebrew

Reactions: Draxzelex

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
^^^^ This...

First time I launched RCM, blocked MAC on router. Backed up NAND, bricc'd. Booted up SXOS, haven't looked back.
I can always unban myself in the future.

In fact it would only take like an hour or two to switch back and forth between NANDs if I wanted to go back online, which I don't.
How do you block MAC on router?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do you block MAC on router?
Will depend upon the router, and if you are on the standard ones ISPs give out in the UK it might take some creativity.

Step one is in the options somewhere there will possibly be a block devices/block mac option, better ones still will allow you to assign all sorts of properties to them but that is a different matter. Devices will probably go either as hostname or mac and probably default to hostnames.

If you don't have that then parental settings are a good choice. Parental settings will commonly give a time allowed type setting. Use that to effectively reduce it to never, or set a whitelist as nothing at all and assign that device to it.

You also have the third way of setting static IP settings on your device and pointing it at another network segment/subnet and/or setting the broadcast IP as something else.

If you are running a crappy ISP router and have to because it is fibre, cable or something like that then you can run a secondary router which might well have all these options and more (how you want to set about such a thing varies, three main ones are set the initial router to passthrough and have the second do it all, have the second act as a secondary network or have the second act as a shared network but leave DHCP to one of them), or share a connection from a computer where being a computer you have every option under the sun available to you if you download the relevant software (standard windows connection sharing does not have the most options).

LordRahl72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know how the SXOS stealth mode even works? It blocks ALL online communications. It's the same as staying in airplane mode and never going online. not to mention it's the same kind of "stealth mode" that Atmosphere and it's derivatives already had AND something you can easily replicate with a DNS homebrew

So basically stealth mode is a self-inflicted ban.

In never ceases to amaze me how many people ban themselves from Nintendo who is worrying about getting banned from Nintendo...

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

In never ceases to amaze me how many people ban themselves from Nintendo who is worrying about getting banned from Nintendo...

Pretty much. You can achieve the same effect by staying in airplane mode at all times or by using a DNS app to block all Nintendo communications. This new "Stealth Mode" that TX has been advertising is nothing more than clickbait to build up hype

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Simply put, is like being fat and ugly vs cutting your dick. You aint getting pussy in both instances, but you are hopeless in one of them

Reactions: LordRahl72

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Not really, or at least that is an over simplification of the concept.

Doing any kind of mods without restoring NAND to clean version and speaking to Nintendo servers is basically asking for a ban at this point. Maybe in the future all checks will be found and defeated but nobody is really working towards that or remotely close at this point.
Doing any kind of mods and keeping it offline throughout is bargaining that in the future you will be able to clean up the NAND such that it appears legit, and maybe also create a proper hacked firmware that either dodges checks or simply makes them unable to know what your serial/keys are and thus banning is frustrated.

I would agree Nintendo online (especially now they want you to pay) is a borderline worthless thing and that losing it should pose no real issue, however people are free to value things how they will.

Hodorian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pretty much. You can achieve the same effect by staying in airplane mode at all times or by using a DNS app to block all Nintendo communications. This new "Stealth Mode" that TX has been advertising is nothing more than clickbait to build up hype

with the stealth mode you can access your internet and your network (hombrew and ftp). The DNS wasn't 100% reliable and you need to connect first to the internet before you set up the dns-server.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought