Hacking Question What are the uses for sxos emunand?

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
play games on latest firmware (6.2.0) if you want to keep your sysnand on older firmware but don't want to deal with autorcm

paintispaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be clear: as far as I know most CFW devs do not endorse EMUnand as a way to prevent any sort of ban. No one knows (except Nintendo of course) the switches capabilities to report things back to Nintendo and I've seen forum posts on sxOS forums saying they were banned when they booted into their confirmed clean OFW and tried to go online.

Only way to be safe to go online and connect with nintendo is flash back your OFW nand backup and make sure you remove your SD card (autorcm probably also needs to be removed/not installed to begin with).

That being said, as others have mentioned EMUnand is a great way to not worry about bricking and to also maintain two firmware versions

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Giving TX money.

Seriously? Is that the best answer you could give? Everyone else who replied have contributed and helped the OP understand the uses of EmuNAND. Then you come along and reply with your smart@ss one liners that does not in any way contribute to his legit question.

Grow up.

Reactions: mowsie

DrNeroCF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? Is that the best answer you could give? Everyone else who replied have contributed and helped the OP understand the uses of EmuNAND. Then you come along and reply with your smart@ss one liners that does not in any way contribute to his legit question.

Grow up.

Not really much else to say, it takes a lot of blind trust to think that TX is actively fooling Nintendo, and will keep their users safe. The truth is we still don't know what Nintendo can detect and what they can't. Taking money while not being able to give a guarantee still doesn't sit right with me. Is it actually safe or is it the illusion of safety?

Insane

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To be clear: as far as I know most CFW devs do not endorse EMUnand as a way to prevent any sort of ban. No one knows (except Nintendo of course) the switches capabilities to report things back to Nintendo and I've seen forum posts on sxOS forums saying they were banned when they booted into their confirmed clean OFW and tried to go online.

Only way to be safe to go online and connect with nintendo is flash back your OFW nand backup and make sure you remove your SD card (autorcm probably also needs to be removed/not installed to begin with).

That being said, as others have mentioned EMUnand is a great way to not worry about bricking and to also maintain two firmware versions

I am wondering how a permanently offline emunand can report back to nintendo? (not just with stealth mode, but with no wifi/lan configured at all) . Luckily I never had any ban on my sysnand, so it seems to work. Of course there are ways around it (I could think of some). But with the Emunand on the sd card AND removing the sd card before booting sysnand seems for me to be a legit way to stay unbanned. My guess is everybody banned did not follow this opsec. Also the Nintendo folder with the NSP installed in them should be deleted.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not really much else to say, it takes a lot of blind trust to think that TX is actively fooling Nintendo, and will keep their users safe. The truth is we still don't know what Nintendo can detect and what they can't. Taking money while not being able to give a guarantee still doesn't sit right with me. Is it actually safe or is it the illusion of safety?

Now, if you replied with your opinion, then I don't see any issues with your reply as it gives people something to think about, now wouldn't you agree, the above reply is much better than simply saying "Giving TX money.?

Reactions: jscjml

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'd say that we know a lot about what they can and can't detect. Telemetry, error codes, other crap (just search on switchbrew and you'll find a lot of it). And other stuff which even we know that can be detected, yet Nintendo has nothing implemented for it (like booting from RCM).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am wondering how a permanently offline emunand can report back to nintendo? (not just with stealth mode, but with no wifi/lan configured at all) . Luckily I never had any ban on my sysnand, so it seems to work. Of course there are ways around it (I could think of some). But with the Emunand on the sd card AND removing the sd card before booting sysnand seems for me to be a legit way to stay unbanned. My guess is everybody banned did not follow this opsec. Also the Nintendo folder with the NSP installed in them should be deleted.
I wonder how many online SysNANDs disabled telemetry can report back to Nintendo. I am still happily waiting for the BAN.
From what I have seen, that's all you need to do. Switch region to EU and disable telemetry. (

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

DrNeroCF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, if you replied with your opinion, then I don't see any issues with your reply as it gives people something to think about, now wouldn't you agree, the above reply is much better than simply saying "Giving TX money.?

That it's a paid product feature with a guarantee that's beyond their control is my biggest issue with it, and the uncertainty was covered earlier. But nah, I still think 'Giving TX money' was funnier.

Reactions: TPMJB and xs4all

Insane

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd say that we know a lot about what they can and can't detect. Telemetry, error codes, other crap (just search on switchbrew and you'll find a lot of it). And other stuff which even we know that can be detected, yet Nintendo has nothing implemented for it (like booting from RCM).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wonder how many online SysNANDs disabled telemetry can report back to Nintendo. I am still happily waiting for the BAN.
From what I have seen, that's all you need to do. Switch region to EU and disable telemetry. (

Luckily my region is already EU and telemetry is disabled :) Oh and nintendo is already having some fun with lawsuits in the EU (First telemetry practices then eShop practices)

Also Sysnand disabled telemetry is not the same thing as emunand as nintendo can still write stuff to the sysnand and send later. This should be a tad bit harder in Emunand

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Luckily my region is already EU and telemetry is disabled :) Oh and nintendo is already having some fun with lawsuits in the EU (First telemetry practices then eShop practices)

Also Sysnand disabled telemetry is not the same thing as emunand as nintendo can still write stuff to the sysnand and send later. This should be a tad bit harder in Emunand
GDPR forces them to not collect any data unless you allow them. But who checks that right? Obviously, something still gets through, but again, from what I have heard and seen, it is not enough to make them ban you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Insane

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
GDPR forces them to not collect any data unless you allow them. But who checks that right? Obviously, something still gets through, but again, from what I have heard and seen, it is not enough to make them ban you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also that is not true of the gdpr.
They are allowed to collect data without consent even, but only data they actually need .They also must tell you what they have collected and for how long. The can also refuse deletion of data, if they have a justifiable need.

Example of data collected without consent (easiest cases) are incoming phone calls or emails. Apparently you don't need to sign a form for that beforehand. Also they are allowed to keep a list of all manufactured serial numbers, certificates etc .

Last edited by Insane,
Reactions: mowsie

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use your EmuNAND for homebrew/piracy etc, and keep your SysNAND clean so you can play online without getting banned.

Its possible to do this with the other CFW's right now, it just involves restoring a sysnand backup every time you want to use online. With SXOS you dont have to do that, so you can freely switch between the two with no hassle.

Then the xci loading/loading from HDD, cheat system etc.

Reactions: vincentallen2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)