Hacking What are the downsides of homebrew

caliskier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, before I hack my Wii U, I wanted to know what I lose. I assume I can no longer download any future DLC, can’t play online, can’t update the system, can’t use the shop. Is that correct and is there anything else I lose out on? I have my BOTW game I do not want to lose progress on either, any concerns with losing currently saved games?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can play online without getting banned as long as you don't cheat online. You can still download dlc. You can most certainly update the system and most certainly can access the eshop and your game saves will be just fine. So in conclusion you lose fuck all lol.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: xs4all

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can vouch for playing online, I have two WiiU's with Haxchi installed and both consoles are permanently connected to the net when it's on and both have been playing Splatoon online for ages now with no issues.

Just off topic, even made cheap NFC amiibo tags for Splatoon, all 13 of them, cheap tags on ebay, downloaded the bin files, and used android Tagmo app to program them. There is a few Splatoon Amiibo that is not compatible for the version of the game (Switch only), all in a nice little circle plastic coin display cases, also from ebay, with colour print outs to make them look nice.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bad news: you get games free
good news: you get games free

Wii U is probably has the worst security since the Dreamcast. No downsides to homebrew at all. You can install games just like you bought them and there's no difference at all.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1