Gaming What are the differences between Virtual Console Copies and the Original Copy

8-Bit-Giraffe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna make a Pokemon Gen 2 Rom hack, and while dumping the rom, I was wondering if there were any differences between the Original Copy and the 3DS Virtual Console edition.

MrMingus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most virtual console games are identical to the originals, but some games are altered for various reasons. Not sure if gen 2 games specifically are altered though.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm gonna make a Pokemon Gen 2 Rom hack, and while dumping the rom, I was wondering if there were any differences between the Original Copy and the 3DS Virtual Console edition.
Most games are usually the same. One I know of right off that has some little differences is the pokemon rumble world title.

MoeTech0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did they fix a typo? What was it and why was it so important that they retroactively fix it?
in the game they have a character named grandma yahoo that screamed YAHOO everytime she talked to u and since yahoo is such a massive company now they changed it to wahoo or something

my2k2zx2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the game they have a character named grandma yahoo that screamed YAHOO everytime she talked to u and since yahoo is such a massive company now they changed it to wahoo or something

I think she said "Hello/Yipee" instead. I do believe they changed it back to "Yahoo!" in the Switch version.

cluesagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc all the changes to VC games aren't actually in the roms themselves, they're patched on top of the rom. So if you dump the rom it's no different from a normal one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff