Gaming What are the best chess games (or game) for the DS?

SwiftDS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,

My dad's after a decent chess game for his DS. We play 42 all time classics but he wants something a little more challenging / suited to just chess.

I thought it'd be easy enough to find out, but my lord. How many games are really necessary? I gave up after seeing titles along the lines of "Petz: My Fav Chess Piece", "Bratz: 2day we play sum chezz" and "150% Chess 4".

What's your recommendations?

Cheers crew!

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
probably the one from the 1500 Spirits series (mission mode, average difficulty, good piece gfx)
next would be the one from Fritz (weak story mode made up of misc puzzles, average difficulty, below-average piece gfx)
next would be the one from Chessmaster (tactics puzzle rating suite, above-average difficulty, average piece gfx)

SwiftDS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys for the super fast replies... Will get on the case with those now!
gbasp.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arkansaw said:
probably the one from the 1001 Spirits series,
next would be the one from Fritz
next would be the one from Chessmaster

Was Chessmaster the one where if you wanted to play a normal game of chess, they had pictures of creepy weird people to choose from?
Cuz that damn little asian child is tough.
Then there were the sort of fun little minigames...where you had to deal with the one douche expressing himself to how well you do.
REALLY weirdly done game. Woulda been good if I could have turned off the real people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.