What are the best chess games (or game) for the DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SwiftDS, Mar 17, 2010.

Mar 17, 2010
  1. SwiftDS
    OP

Newcomer SwiftDS Member

United Kingdom
    Hey all,

My dad's after a decent chess game for his DS. We play 42 all time classics but he wants something a little more challenging / suited to just chess.

I thought it'd be easy enough to find out, but my lord. How many games are really necessary? I gave up after seeing titles along the lines of "Petz: My Fav Chess Piece", "Bratz: 2day we play sum chezz" and "150% Chess 4".

What's your recommendations?

Cheers crew!

2. blainy

Member blainy GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Fritz Chess may be what you are looking for.......

3. Arkansaw

Member Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

East Timor
    probably the one from the 1500 Spirits series (mission mode, average difficulty, good piece gfx)
    next would be the one from Fritz (weak story mode made up of misc puzzles, average difficulty, below-average piece gfx)
    next would be the one from Chessmaster (tactics puzzle rating suite, above-average difficulty, average piece gfx)

4. SwiftDS
    OP

Newcomer SwiftDS Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks guys for the super fast replies... Will get on the case with those now! [​IMG]

5. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Was Chessmaster the one where if you wanted to play a normal game of chess, they had pictures of creepy weird people to choose from?
    Cuz that damn little asian child is tough.
    Then there were the sort of fun little minigames...where you had to deal with the one douche expressing himself to how well you do.
    REALLY weirdly done game. Woulda been good if I could have turned off the real people.