Hacking What are possible causes for black screens?

asaguda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I usually see black screens being mentioned in newer game releases, where the OS (In this case, Akaio or official) cannot yet boot the game properly, and with the occasional older game that never got fixed, probably because noone bothered to play it. I, on the other hand, have several games that are older that show black screens at certain points. The cases are never as severe as new releases, but I can't progress in some games because of the black screens. Chrono Trigger has one that I can reproduce but also bypass, since it's not stopping me from progressing in the story, for example. There's a few other games in my library that I can't progress in at all, and none of them are even relatively new. I've been looking around for a few hours now, without finding anything helpful.
So what, exactly, can cause a black screen? Can a slow mSD card be the culprit? Contact issues?

asaguda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chrono Trigger is one, but you can get past the screen by going a different way, for example, Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is another one. After the introductionary quests, I get a black screen after finishing any other quest. Go to the pub? Black screen. Save? Black screen. And a few others I can't remember off the top of my head, but most of them are older than a few months and should be working fine.

asaguda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Already did that earlier. First I formatted the stick within Windows itself, but when that produced the black screens I figured I should format it properly, so I did. Since it didn't solve anything, I assumed it wasn't the issue. I'll try formatting again though, just in case.

EDIT & Offtopic: twiztid, I think I've played Team Fortress 2 with you at one point or another, due to your signature. Fancy seeing you here.
tongue.gif

EDIT2: Moment of truth. Stick has been formatted, I've just completed The Green Dominion in Final Fantasy Tactics for the sixth time now.. Aaand the scene change turned into the black screen like before. Bummer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/f8gq43e