Hacking What are my current the options for flashcards that I can simply buy and play downloaded games with?

MRGENTLEMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been out of the scene for a while and I haven't updated my 3ds xl. Last time I checked there was a Gateway card and a very new one that only allowed like 10 games on it, I forgot the name. Would a kind soul please fill me in on what I've missed? I've tried reading other threads but can't piece everything together.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Are you kidding me? That's fucking incredible. So I can just hook up my 3ds to my comp and download this cfw ans boom I'm ready to go? There HAS to be a catch.
There are some requirements, like your 3DS needing the Web browser installed. Older consoles didn't come with it and it's not included with cart updates. If you have updated your 3DS online at some point in the past you're probably good to go.

MRGENTLEMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some requirements, like your 3DS needing the Web browser installed. Older consoles didn't come with it and it's not included with cart updates. If you have updated your 3DS online at some point in the past you're probably good to go.
Thanks so much for this wonderful news my friend. Very much appreciated. Could you linkk me anupdatedupdated guide

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks so much for this wonderful news my friend. Very much appreciated. Could you linkk me anupdatedupdated guide
That depends on which CFW you want to go with. I would probably recommend CakesFW as it seems the most feature complete. I don't know if there are any guides written for it as it's pretty simple.
What firmware version are you on?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you want it to be simple, you can also just buy a Sky3DS. Then you can freely update your firmware too.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He can use Gateway launcher (without a Gateway) to downgrade to 4.x and then install Pasta or rxtools using mset. Mset only requires a DS flashcard. I believe installing Pasta using mset is a pain (unless that was changed recently) and Pasta on 4.x can't play games that use newer encryption.

I wasn't aware that any of these can be installed using browser only (but then I've never tried Cakes).

Last edited by Jiro2,

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been out of the scene for a while and I haven't updated my 3ds xl. Last time I checked there was a Gateway card and a very new one that only allowed like 10 games on it, I forgot the name. Would a kind soul please fill me in on what I've missed? I've tried reading other threads but can't piece everything together.
Your options depend a bit on your current System Version. As long as you're at 9.2 or below, you can use just about anything. Gateway, custom firmware, etc. If you are past 9.2, your main option is going to be Sky3DS (which is the card that had the 10-game limit on older versions, but newer versions don't have that limit).

Custom Firmware does require you to install titles from CIA files, so you may need to convert .3ds files into .cia files, but that's not too difficult. I haven't dug too deeply into CFWs, so I'm not completely sure of the capabilities, but I believe there are ones that support emuNand on Old 3DS.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country

MRGENTLEMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone in this thread has been excellent. I greatly appreciate the help. Tonight I will go ahead and install everything. Is there somewhere I can go to have a general chat about hacking and what not? Such as a chat room?

Reactions: Zaertix

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone in this thread has been excellent. I greatly appreciate the help. Tonight I will go ahead and install everything. Is there somewhere I can go to have a general chat about hacking and what not? Such as a chat room?
We have an IRC, I don't know how helpful it is for questions though.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do what @VerseHell linked nothing in this thread is helpful to you at all and is not simple to use.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Reactions: zoogie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A