Hacking Question What are fuses?

RareKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm currently using xecuter on 6.1 switch. Everything fine, one thing that I've seen flying around here are people mentioning the word ''fuse'' or ''burning fuses.'' I'm rarely on here nowadays and I figure this is important information I should know about. What is it? Should I be worry? I backup my nands using xecuter idk what good it'll do. If my switch bricks for whatever reason will i be able to restore it?
Would like the help, sorry for not knowing before hand.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
They are literal fuses, which get burned when you update and then boot through stock bootloader.
You don't have do worry about them.
You will be able to restore, but because of the fuse count being different you have to boot through RCM in order to bypass the fuse check and then later update, so that you can boot the normal way.
Reason why people talk about it is donwgrading. When you keep your fuse count low, you can later downgrade and boot without any hassle.

RareKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They are literal fuses, which get burned when you update and then boot through stock bootloader.
You don't have do worry about them.
You will be able to restore, but because of the fuse count being different you have to boot through RCM in order to bypass the fuse check and then later update, so that you can boot the normal way.
Reason why people talk about it is donwgrading. When you keep your fuse count low, you can later downgrade and boot without any hassle.

Thank you!! O:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Fuck off spam bot.