What Anime would I like if I like Death Note?

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Daizu said:
Lol at all the replies saying Code Geass. But really, it's hard to find an anime similar to Death Note besides Code Geass. I loved both Death Note and Code Geass, and after watching those two you'll be disappointed there aren't many others like them. :/

frown.gif

I'm almost done with Monster now, not that good at all, what a disappointment.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
If you want to try something a bit less serious but still mentally involving, try Case Closed/Detective Conan. The episodes are for the most part self-contained, so you won't get MUCH ongoing story, but it's still there for those who like that sort of thing.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
If you are looking extremely high levels of epic(not exactly due to story, mind you)
Higher levels of epic than Code Geass, watch TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN.
First the series, then the two movies.
You will be amazed.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you like Monster (Monster kinda slows down a LOT...), from the same author is 20世紀少年 (20th Century Boys)... I thought this was crazy amazing. There is no anime version, but there's a series of three live-action movies, and to be honest, it is a must-watch.

I'm not an anime person, but my wife got me to watch this and I think it might have bested Death Note in my opinion.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dudeonline said:
If you want to try something a bit less serious but still mentally involving, try Case Closed/Detective Conan. The episodes are for the most part self-contained, so you won't get MUCH ongoing story, but it's still there for those who like that sort of thing.

Done some research on those titles and it indeed looks quite similar. But it also looks childish (just judging by the looks)
Is it not too immature?

Gundam Eclipse said:
If you are looking extremely high levels of epic(not exactly due to story, mind you)
Higher levels of epic than Code Geass, watch TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN.
First the series, then the two movies.
You will be amazed.

Added to my list. Looks indeed nice, will it watch it in the coming months.

QUOTE(Blebleman @ Apr 30 2010, 12:07 PM)
If you like Monster (Monster kinda slows down a LOT...), from the same author is ?????? (20th Century Boys)... I thought this was crazy amazing. There is no anime version, but there's a series of three live-action movies, and to be honest, it is a must-watch.

I'm not an anime person, but my wife got me to watch this and I think it might have bested Death Note in my opinion.

Also added to the list. Looks like a fenomenal production, hopefully I enjoy it.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
As Pharaoh said, if you prefer story over epicness, perhaps TTGL might not be your thing.
Though i used to be like that and ended up falling in love with the series anyway...
Anyways, for story based animes:
Darker than Black
Durarara
Baccano

If you like reading manga:
Bakuman
20th Century Boys (movies are based on the manga)

EDIT:
Also, visual novels:
Red Shift (Extremely short, but a good read nonetheless)
Tsukihime (English patch contains option to remove 18+ Scenes)
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni (Horrible art, but the story and music more than make up for it)
I would also recommend Fate Stay Night, but that one seems to have unremovable 18+ scenes :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-