What am i doing wrong? :(

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aznboy_jx, Oct 24, 2014.

1. aznboy_jx
    OP

aznboy_jx Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2006
    United States
    So I have my emuNAND to 9.0.0-20U and i have my new gateway updated to 2.4b, but why do i keep getting this error after pressing SELECT to display my games. 20% of the time, I am able to get it to work just fine and games work perfectly. Another 20% of the time, I see the ROMS show up on the menu but when i press on them, nothing happens and the card goes non-responsive. and about the remaining 60% of the time, i get the error "MicroSD card not ready." From reading on other threads, it says its still loading so i just have to wait for it all to respond to press SELECT for the games to load up.

I just got the gateway a day ago and am wondering if this is a hardware or software issue. I am using a 64GB Sandisk Extreme Plus, formatted in exFat. I've tried other cards and having the same results. I've tried opening other apps like the Nintendo Camera and closing right away to see if it resets anything, and nothing. Has anyone ever came across this issue? i tried google-ing it and seems like there's not much out about this issue. any suggestions? much appreciated for any response.

2. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Sounds like your microsd slot is not fitting tight. Could try a piece of tape on the gateway, or send it in for a new one

3. aznboy_jx
    OP

aznboy_jx Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2006
    United States
    yeah.. I'm very tempted to just get a hold of realhotstuff to see if i can get this thing exchanged. i mean, i don't get it; when it actually works, its amazing!

4. CFallenleaf

CFallenleaf GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2010
    United States
    Reformat your micro with panasonic sd formatter. If that doesnt work try a different micro sd card.

5. aznboy_jx
    OP

aznboy_jx Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2006
    United States
    thanks CFallenleaf.. seems to have helped a little bit, formatted 2 sandisk with the panasonic sd formatter.. I'm having better luck with the Sandisk Ultra which is a lot slower than my Sandisk Extreme Plus.. but getting the games to load only like 50% of the time, maybe even less at times..

6. Oxybelis

Oxybelis GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2010
    Where did you buy Sandisc microsd? It could be counterfeit.

7. aznboy_jx
    OP

aznboy_jx Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2006
    United States
    both at best buy

8. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Sounds like you've ruled out that it's a problem with the SD. Could be faulty Gateway red card.

If I recall there is two types of gateway red cards, wasn't there? First one was just push SD card in and the second was push in and click, similar to the 3DS game card slot..... I might be wrong.

9. aznboy_jx
    OP

aznboy_jx Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2006
    United States
    yeah.. i just bought mine and received it on Wednesday from Realhotsuff.. it is one that pushes and clicks.. i may have to get a hold of them to send this one back

man... can't even get any ROM to open anymore.. sometimes, I'm lucky and will see the multiROM menu but when i choose something, nothing happens :S

10. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    try loading up a app from the homescreen when it does this (like the camera app or whatever) not sure why but this has happen to me a few times and as soon as i launch something else you see the game pop up on the homescreen, just exit out and play......might be a bit of a bug in the new FW, but it hasn't happened to me lots of times just a couple of times, and i think it was probably down to me pressing select too fast or something

11. aznboy_jx
    OP

aznboy_jx Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2006
    United States
    sweet tip because it's working a little better now.. maybe it's just from the software update.. i was getting worried because i haven't seen much posting about this issue

12. Jonytestxd

Jonytestxd Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2014
    Mexico
    Bro you are not alone I have the same issue I thoungh was alone have tried everything but it's the same the gateway only loads games when it wants =( if you found a solution please make me know

13. alexenochs

alexenochs GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    United States
    if either of you own smash bros legit try erasing your emunand and updating it with smash bros to 8.1 by holding up while booting into the gateway menu mode install the update in emunand and USE 2.3b instead of 2.4b see if that helps as it does seem to be an issue with this firmware

14. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    I have seen posts about problems with exFAT. Have you tried FAT32?

15. Jonytestxd

Jonytestxd Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2014
    Mexico
    I'm using fat32 with a 16gb class 10 =( and I really don't want to format emunand can I save my save files?? I almost have finish pokemon X

16. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Pokemon X/Y is a 'card 2' game, the save file exists inside the 3DS rom on your gateway card. It's not stored on the 3DS internal card.

17. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    just backup all the contents of the SD card, pick format emunand and copy them back on afterwards

Jonytestxd likes this.
  18. Jonytestxd

Jonytestxd Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2014
    Mexico
    Gonna try it only one more question in 8.1 firmware will i be able to keep playing online super smash bros?

19. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    you will need to update to 9.0 to download the update from eshop

Jonytestxd likes this.
  20. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Be sure to back up your 8.x emuNAND cuz there is no going back — aside from getting a cart with that version update.