Homebrew What am I doing wrong, (patching Neo Y)

ZedMania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I think you should try looking for that file. If you can't, I suggest dumping the ROM once more, and retry the whole thing. Hopefully, you should be able to play some Neo Y soon. If anything comes up, don't hesitate to ask. ;)
Alright. Thanks for the help dude :D

@qtfoo Yeah I believe it does get stuck on that for a while.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Small question, is RomFS Builder supposed to look like it's stuck/frozen on "Prompting to Save..."? I'm wondering if it crashed or its just really taking its time.
I actually wasn't paying attention when it was repacking (YouTube videos are distracting :P), but give it some time before force quitting. Try again if you need to.
Well...I have it load my X save file so I suppose it works ?

I have level 7 jigglypuff on route 3...I think i have the edits too...
If the title screen had the custom logo, then you got it.
Alright. Thanks for the help dude :D

@qtfoo Yeah I believe it does get stuck on that for a while.
No prob, glad to be of service. ;)

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No it didn't..I think...I selected eur as a region and french as a language...but I don't think Rufflets can be found on route 3 normally...

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No it didn't..I think...I selected eur as a region and french as a language...but I don't think Rufflets can be found on route 3 normally...
I actually checked the document that came with the Romhack. Those are Pokemon that were set from the hack, so you're good to go!

AngryCookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I as well have this problem "black screen/glitch line" I've dumped it 3 times, and repeated the steps exactly. I continuously run into this. Nothing seems out of the ordinary, my romfs is 1.7 gigs, it's in the correct folder "sd:/hans", and I've deleted the the code with Hxd "ctrl+e length 1000", it has the correct titleid (same as op) . I'm at my wits end here. Been lurking for 3 good hours here for a solution, came to nothing yet... My entry point I've been using is themehax.

Last edited by AngryCookie,

ZedMania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah well.... thus starts the incredibly long process of dumping my file once again.

@AngryCookie When you're deleting the 4096 bytes/1000 code, are you sure you have it at 0-1000 and not something like 46-1046? That was the first problem I bumped into. Otherwise, Im not sure what to suggest :/

AngryCookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah well.... thus starts the incredibly long process of dumping my file once again.

@AngryCookie When you're deleting the 4096 bytes/1000 code, are you sure you have it at 0-1000 and not something like 46-1046? That was the first problem I bumped into. Otherwise, Im not sure what to suggest :/

I believe so, the beginning number should be 28 when opened in hxd? Correct?

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I believe so, the beginning number should be 28 when opened in hxd? Correct?
Correct. I can't exactly tell what could be the problem, but usually the "glitch line" means that the .romfs file is invalid (at least from my experience). Try checking if something went wrong along the way, I'm not sure what else to suggest...

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do i backup my X save with svdt..I want to start anew in Pokemon x without loosing my normal save...but i don't understand the options...

ZedMania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahah! I understand! I hope this solves my problem but now I know why the folder at the end was only 305MB! It's because, since I'm on a mac, when it prompts me to "merge" the files, (as in, the 'a' folder) it instead just replaces the file with the Neo Y file... Ahhhhhhh xD Hope this solves my problem.

FEAR_1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How do i backup my X save with svdt..I want to start anew in Pokemon x without loosing my normal save...but i don't understand the options...
Just select the title you want to work on, press L, put the arrow (>>>) on the /, press Y and A. This will create a folder with the saves with the title name on the svdt folder located on the sd root. Ex: X:/svdt/Kid Icarus Uprising

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ahah! I understand! I hope this solves my problem but now I know why the folder at the end was only 305MB! It's because, since I'm on a mac, when it prompts me to "merge" the files, (as in, the 'a' folder) it instead just replaces the file with the Neo Y file... Ahhhhhhh xD Hope this solves my problem.
Well then. XD
Hopefully you'll get that working now!

Reactions: ZedMania

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you...^^ Now I'll be able to start the hack from the beginning but still have the possibility to go back to my normal save...

Reactions: FEAR_1337

qtfoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished repacking, deleted the required bytes and placed the romfs in sd:/hans
I've also placed the auto loader in sd:/3ds/

Loaded it up and greeted by Neo Pokemon X screen.
Backed up my save data through Save Data Manager.
Then I tried to delete my save data with L+R+Up+X+B combo in-game in NeoX. After that it may have crashed. Oops.
Loaded the cart normally to see if the deletion worked and it brought me to the language options (success).
I exited vanilla X and entered homebrew again, returning to the auto loader, selected my language, the prof confirms it's NeoXY :D

Thank you all for the combined knowledge!

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I finished repacking, deleted the required bytes and placed the romfs in sd:/hans
I've also placed the auto loader in sd:/3ds/

Loaded it up and greeted by Neo Pokemon X screen.
Backed up my save data through Save Data Manager.
Then I tried to delete my save data with L+R+Up+X+B combo in-game in NeoX. After that it may have crashed. Oops.
Loaded the cart normally to see if the deletion worked and it brought me to the language options (success).
I exited vanilla X and entered homebrew again, returning to the auto loader, selected my language, the prof confirms it's NeoXY :D

Thank you all for the combined knowledge!
Awesome! Have fun with that, I've heard good things about it. ;)
If I have to suggest one thing, I'd recommend svdt over Save Data Manager. It has the same features as Save Data Manager, but it has this useful "anti-savegame restore" feature that allows you to restore saves to games that have a secure value system (it's basically a value that randomizes itself each time you save, and it's used to stop people from editing saves), which I believe Pokemon XY is one of them. Either way, have a good time with the game! ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1