Homebrew What about dlc's

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as we all know freeshop is getting the axe eventually, but I was wondering about getting dlc.

I honestly have never looked for them other than in freeshop, so I don't know how the ISO sites deal with them. Would we have to start to pay for them now? What if we got the game somewhere, will having a bad ticket somehow stop us from getting dlc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Rdpruitt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I used an app in Homebrew to download all the tickets (so that all games in the eShop say redownload instead of purchase)will I still be able to 'redownload' games from the eShop after freeshop stops working?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I used an app in Homebrew to download all the tickets (so that all games in the eShop say redownload instead of purchase)will I still be able to 'redownload' games from the eShop after freeshop stops working?

For the temporary time being, you can still download with those spoofed tickets.

With intel the higher-up devs have gathered, no. This will change at some point in the future.

Your tickets acquired from that devil app will no longer work when Nintendo starts checking them. Big-N has upped their stability game.

When those security measures come into effect, you can be flagged for a ban when providing non-valid tickets.

Edit - I should be more clear.
  1. freeShop and CIAngel is expected to stop working when downloading games. This will not flag you.
  2. You trying to download games on Nintendo eShop with invalid tickets probably will flag you.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn I don't have a PC, just Android so I can't use the vanilla dodge app.

Well separate question lol have never tried smt devil summoner yet but I have the first one already , and I know I'll like it, should I hurry to get the second one so I can get the dlc now

Last edited by mike a,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn I don't have a PC, just Android so I can't use the vanilla dodge app.

Well separate question lol have never tried smt devil summoner yet but I have the first one already , and I know I'll like it, should I hurry to get the second one so I can get the dlc now

It is my personal opinion that you avoid going on Nintendo eShop and downloading titles with those spoofed tickets, especially if your 3DS is currently on firmware 11.8.0-41. I still wouldn't recommend doing this even if you're on a lower firmware and if Nintendo is allowing access to eShop for 11.7.

Nintendo has a history of flagging users and does mass banning in waves, to keep us our toes guessing. You won't find out you've been "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru" until it's too late.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What 3ds games have dlc worth dl'ing? Is there a list somewhere? I've just never worried about it before, but I can see why it might be a concern with some games. Sigh, I miss the days when games were just fucking complete on their own...

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm on 11.7 still, I never play online, but still want the option to... Sucks so many games still I wanted to try...

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What 3ds games have dlc worth dl'ing? Is there a list somewhere? I've just never worried about it before, but I can see why it might be a concern with some games. Sigh, I miss the days when games were just fucking complete on their own...

Yes I miss those days too, but then again lots of those games still had glitches.

And to answer the question lol... Lots here's a few...

Fantasy life, blaster master zero, mighty gunvolt burst, devil survivor games, fire emblem games, sure there's more

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's not the end of downloading games, it's just the end of downloading games via CDN.

Ya I have used ISO sites before, it's a bitch lol, lots of dead links, have to have different apps for them etc. And I still don't understand how google drive works....

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
  1. freeShop and CIAngel is expected to stop working when downloading games. This will not flag you.
  2. You trying to download games on Nintendo eShop with invalid tickets probably will flag you.
How are only FreeShop and CIAngel affected but Villain3DS isn't? Villain3DS works exactly the same as FreeShop with only exception that instead of directly installing the games it creates a CIA of it. Generally speaking, I guess from now on we'll be seeing a lot more CIA repositories popping up all over...

WaluigiMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
go to that iso site there is a list of games that have dlc and you can download them there

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are only FreeShop and CIAngel affected but Villain3DS isn't? Villain3DS works exactly the same as FreeShop with only exception that instead of directly installing the games it creates a CIA of it. Generally speaking, I guess from now on we'll be seeing a lot more CIA repositories popping up all over...

I didn't mean to say Villain3DS will continue working when freeShop and CIAngel stops. I was trying to convey get your DLC downloads on Villain as freeShop requires you to install the game first before you can download the accompanying DLC.

There's the idea that pre-installing all your tickets will allow you to download games in the future when you on go Nintendo eShop. This is a really bad idea as it'll probably won't work but will flag you.

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I didn't mean to say Villain3DS will continue working when freeShop and CIAngel stops. I was trying to convey get your DLC downloads on Villain as freeShop requires you to install the game first before you can download the accompanying DLC.

There's the idea that pre-installing all your tickets will allow you to download games in the future when you on go Nintendo eShop. This is a really bad idea as it'll probably won't work but will flag you.
What do you mean pre-installing? Like with tikDevil or something?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean pre-installing? Like with tikDevil or something?
Yes. Exactly this with that devil app. It won't work trying to be sneaky going into Nintendo eShop with the spoofed tickets. They'll know when they start to check on their server side.

Get what you can now on whatever CDN downloader you use. Just make sure not to use sleep mode in FefoSheep.

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yes. Exactly this with that devil app. It won't work trying to be sneaky going into Nintendo eShop with the spoofed tickets. They'll know when they start to check on their server side.

Get what you can now on whatever CDN downloader you use. Just make sure not to use sleep mode in FefoSheep.
Well, since it's only ticket-related, you CAN always just unlink your NNID via GM9 and then create a new one, making it so all your pirated games show up as legitimately owned and tied to the system rather than the NNID, so that's best thing to do once someone gets all the stuff they want from CDN illegally:P

Reactions: emuashui

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol