What 3DS games would you recommend?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Ricken, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Ricken
    OP

Ricken We'll Carry On

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    (Not sure if right section, so yeah, I think this is safe)

I got a 64GB SD on Christmas, and I plan to use it to it's max
    Action, Adventure, RPG, and Fighting games are my thing, but I'll take any suggestions!

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Action = Azure striker gunvolt 2 And to name a game that isn't download only, River City Tokyo Rumble
    Adventure = Ummm a zelda game? Blaster master Zero (When is released)
    RPG = Tales of the abyss, Bravely default, Dragon quest VIII (when is released)
    Fighting = Sad to break it to you but not many exist, As far as i know, Street fighter IV Very bad since not updated like ultra street fighter IV on consoles, I been hoping for mods but non exist. Blaz Blue continumm shift (has no online mode) A few dragon ball z titles Extreme botuden and super botuden 2 (is actually a port of a SFC game exclusive to japan. Besides that you have super smash bros tekken hybrid and dead or alive dementions, But as i said, all the console versions are better, but it doesn't mean the 3ds aren't good at all. So is nothing much to look for in terms of a traditional fighter. :unsure:

Ricken likes this.
  3. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    If you like anime boobs get Senran Kagura 2 Deep Crimson. It's an alright game for 3DS and it's been the only one I've been playing because the 3DS has such a meh catalog. Can't go wrong with Smash.

Ricken likes this.
  4. Anthropomorphed

Anthropomorphed Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2016
    64GB?
    You will have enough time to spend on on this list:
    Bravely Default, Bravely Second, FE: Awaking, FE: Fates (i use several patches like the gay patch :3) Persona Q, Stella Glow, Legend of Legacy, Etrian Odyssey IV, Etrian Odyssey Untold 1 / 2, Majora's Mask, a Link between Worlds, Hyrule Warrios, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity, Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon (its said that is better but still need to play these), Kid Icarus Uprising, Virtue's Last Reward and Zero Time Dilemma are very good games of the 999/Zero Escaoe series, Senran Kagura for Ecchi i guess, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, and Pr. Layton in generell and to add a bit time consuming to the end: Monster Hunter 4 or Generations.

SahierKHLover and Ricken like this.
  5. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    If you haven't played donkey kong country returns on the wii, it's a good play on the 3ds.

Ricken likes this.
  6. liluvafan

liluvafan Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2015
    United States
    Heroes of Ruin is one that I liked. It kind of reminded me of Diablo. You can probably find it really cheap by now. I don't know if you can download it from the eshop though :/

Ricken likes this.
  7. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    Is anything taken out compared to the Japanese version?

8. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    I don't know. Haven't played the Japanese version

9. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    I just thought they might have bacause of what happend with FE Fates.

10. Anthropomorphed

Anthropomorphed Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2016
    Shouldnt, read somewhere its not censored but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yeah but FE Fates uncensored patch ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

11. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    It's on NINTENDO. Expect censorship. if you don't play the right version. :P

12. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    If you're in for a looooong game i recommend you Monster Hunter4U/Monster hunter Generations.
    It's kind of its own unique genre for 3DS games. You can master up to 14-15 different weapons which will each have its virtues and faulties. You have up to 75 monsters (albetit, recolored pallettes with more moves) to hunt. Each have their own set of unique parts which you use for weapons, armor, etc. Single player can be a bit boring because it lacks any substantial story. But in gameplay it's a great game.

Another A-RPG i can recommend is Kingdom Hearts 3D. But if you've never played it it's story will confuse you so much.

J-RPGS you have PersonaQ, Bravely Default/Second, Dragon Quest, the obvious Pokemon games, Fire Emblem awakeing/fates games.

For platformers Mario 3Dland is a great one, followed by SuperMarioMaker (it's actually way harder than your regular mario game), then NewSuperMarioBros2.

Racing well, I don't think any 3ds beats MarioKart7 in that regard. Nintendo knows how to step up their karting games.
    Also Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (mk7 romhack) for 32 "new" tracks (some ported from other consoles, some brand new) just install them with different titleIDs and you'll have 64 tracks at your disposal.
    You also have other games like ResidentEvil Revelations, Metroid Prime federation force. its multiplayer campaign is fun, albeit not what fans expected

Visual novel-y you have 999 (DS), Virtues last reward, zero time dilemma trilogy.

Metriodvanias, CaveStory+ (the 2D version) its the improved version of the original game.

The legend of zelda: OcarinaOfTime/MajorasMask remakes from n64, A link between worlds (some sort of a link to the past reimagination) and the multiplayer TriforceHeroes.

Fighting games, i don't think any beat smash bros, though it's not a "serious" fighting game like Street Fighter with the bunch of moves avaliable.

SahierKHLover, emuashui and Ricken like this.
  13. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    I know that but sometimes the Japanese version of Nintendo games have "extra content" *lenny face*

14. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    That is in japan, Internationally, expect censorship from nintendo. :P

Unless the game wasn't made in the country you live in, for example, a game made in america by americans, like Call of duty black ops, or Angry video game nerd adventures (which is both on Wii u) then, yeah, CENSORSHIP UP THE BACKSIDE! :creep:

Blue_Mew likes this.
  15. Lucar

Lucar Professional Ferret

Sep 12, 2015
    Canada
    New Donk City
    If you like rhythm games, Play Rhythm Heaven Megamix. You will not be dissapointed.

XRaTiX and Ricken like this.
  16. emuashui

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
    SMT4, SMT4A, soul hackers
    What did OP choose anyway

Last edited by emuashui, Jan 6, 2017
  17. GilgameshArcher

GilgameshArcher GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2012
    Brazil
    São Paulo
  18. XRaTiX

XRaTiX GBAtemp Regular

Apr 19, 2016
    If you like Visual novely and logic/thinking game,Ace attorney Dual Destinies and Ace attorney Spirit of Justice can be a good choice.

emuashui likes this.
  19. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    If you like turn-based RPG's, i enjoyed Fossil Fighters Frontier way more than i expected, considering it didn't get rave reviews.

Other RPG's i put substantial hours into:
    -Citizens of earth
    -Bravely Second: End Layer
    -Yokai Watch 1
    -Legend Of Legacy
    -Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven
    -Dragon Quest VII
    -Pokemon X and Alpha Sapphire

20. Daniel41550

Daniel41550 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 21, 2015
    United States
    Mentioned before, but I recommend playing the Zero Escape trilogy. You're gonna need some skill in problem solving though. If you can solve the puzzles, the games have a great storyline.