Hacking We're almost there!

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its amazing news :) just not looking forward to buying a game ill use for 5 mins [emoji14]
Haha yeh. Just plonked down £39 for it on Amazon in preparation for upgrading my 1.0 switch in the loft. Guess we could always try eBaying it after usingu it to upgrade.

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What erases the mii?
I believe sdbcore does. My knowledge is limited on the subject, but the base of the exploit is stored in Mii data. In order to get the exploit to work as it currently does, the code will erase all miis on the device, then insert the base into that area of memory.

retvoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What erases the mii?
The exploit needs to clean out all Miis and craft a bad Mii as one of it's steps, if memory serves me correctly. This part of the exploit is called "miihax" (I believe it's a temporary name for now, ReSwitched is trying to avoid *hax names).

Last edited by retvoid,

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm still on 2.00 fw but just bought Pokken for 29.98, cheapest I could find as a BIN on Ebay. Some sellers are listing at 68.98 on Amazon.co.uk. No doubt, these will be set at scalper prices, if HB is only for 3.00 and not back ported to earlier fw's.

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm still on 2.00 fw but just bought Pokken for 29.98, cheapest I could find as a BIN on Ebay. Some sellers are listing at 68.98 on Amazon.co.uk. No doubt, these will be set at scalper prices, if HB is only for 3.00 and not back ported to earlier fw's.
I was just going to just rent it myself, but I was already at GameStop to trade in some electronics and said fuck it.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I think it needs to be backported to earlier firmware versions, because 3.0.0 has a nasty battery bug which they fixed in 3.0.1 (along with patching the security hole). :(

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/01/nintendo-switch-updated-to-fix-battery-charge-meter-bug
http://bgr.com/2017/08/01/nintendo-switch-battery-indicator-bug-fix/

Or maybe it can't be ported, because the flaw is 3.0.0-specific. They done goofed something in that version, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, not 10 minutes ago I boxed up my 2.2.0 Switch until something good comes along, and now this. It was gathering a ton of dust. Great work!

Last edited by DSpider,
Reactions: Thelonewolf88

cholaloula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unbelievable!!! Great Work!!! Real show has begun! Just waiting to see if it can be portedto previous firmwares as I don't wish to pay $$$ for Pokken, and because I think the Pokken game value is going to increase...

PS: Remembering old Zelda save hax on Wii... ^^

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just going to just rent it myself, but I was already at GameStop to trade in some electronics and said fuck it.

Isn't any nearby local places to rent by me, otherwise, I would have done. I'll be keeping the game sealed and the console on 2.00 until it's absolutely necessary to update.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I have to waste money for Pokken I guess, wish it was at least a better game :-/

So they must fucked up something with 3.0 to be it more exploitable than an older firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality