Gaming Well, this is interesting!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why this is posted is not my concern but thanks for sharing. The conversation seem to have very unknowledgeable people involved. As much as discussing piracy is not my bit strong point. I do acknowledge some people have common sense and knoweledge to see the difference in this.

Piracy is not killing the video game industry. Games like Pokemon, Mario and Zelda selling well as f*** is proof of that.Game companies are just becoming lazier and see piracy as a safe excuse to blame all their shortcomings on

Some has me intruiged by the level of degree.

The last comment on that topic mentions this site, Uh oh. DELETE LINK the will find us :ninja:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Why this is posted is not my concern but thanks for sharing. The conversation seem to have very unknowledgeable people involved. As much as discussing piracy is not my bit strong point. I do acknowledge some people have common sense and knoweledge to see the difference in this.

Some has me intruiged by the level of degree.

The last comment on that topic mentions this site, Uh oh. DELETE LINK the will find us :ninja:
gamesonly778 is me xD. Old account from 2014.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reading through that thread is actually pretty funny. Like the whole thread is just like, "Piracy is bad, mmmk. If you pirate, you're bad, mmmmk. Don't be a pirate, mmk."

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamesonly778 is me xD. Old account from 2014.
I hope they do not bring bad vibes here.

Reading through that thread is actually pretty funny. Like the whole thread is just like, "Piracy is bad, mmmk. If you pirate, you're bad, mmmmk. Don't be a pirate, mmk."
Well some make good points, i guess.... at least to me. Yeah piracy is stealing, that is what actual pirates do. They not only dig graves and x which marks the spot. they are theives. (I watched Peter pan) :P

Kidding aside, is not the issue. People who do wanna support developers will buy their products. Sometimes sales are not everything. It is to the company cause they are getting money. But Look what happened? Sonic boom, might no.9 No mans sky. Bunch of bought games, disappointing emotions. You would feel much worst if you paid for the disappointment. And can't return it. Who is left out. the one who was disappointed. You get a free copy of a game, who is left out? Maybe the company, but not much. People wanna buy good games. Not bad ones. I Do buy my games i like cause is what i want. I want azure striker gunvolt 2, I want super mario maker 3DS. I don't want mega man legacy collection. I want mega man 11, Mega man x9 Mega man battle network 7 Star force 4 Legends 3 Not "BUNCH OF VC GAMES ALL IN ONE FOR EXPENSIVE PRICE" Or bugged games not worth $30 (mighty no.9)

If people just give what we willing to pay our money for, we wouldn't have this problem. Of course maybe i am wrong to say any of this but Is how i feel.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Just posted this xD.

Fools... This isn't a piracy debate, this is a question about the app... To answer his question, which is the only thing you should be talking about and not a huge debate about piracy ( which is totally fine atleast they paid for the console ). Freeshop is a open source eshop clone with payments disabled, free apps. And btw, it's patchable but nintendo doesn't give a crap. Just make it so only the official shop can download from servers, done. The actual exploit installed on the 3ds isn't patchable unless nintendo does some firm0/firm1 trickery, which I really doubt.

Hatefully,
- iAqua

Reactions: 8BitWonder

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
GameFAQs is usually not a good place to talk anything homebrew related.
Most kiddies there are pretty stupid and ignorant regarding what actually having homebrew and a hacked console means.
They always jump to the conclusion that hb/hack=piracy, which is a really ignorant stereotype to be honest.

While homebrew does open the doors towards piracy, it isn't always the case and some people use it to bypass stupid decisions made by the company devs to lockout features like region free and mods/hacks of games, like translations and uncensored hacks.

Just let those fools die in their own ignorance, they don't know what an amazing world they're missing out anyway.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's actually kind of weird for me to see us from the other side. Like, I am so used to being around people who know what they are talking about/doing, that seeing us as an outsider is actually really interesting to me.

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found my favorite line from that thread:
But that's the thing. Freeshop is basically useless with A9LH, hence why I said earlier that freeshop is the most useless homebrew app to have ever been developed.
I'm very tired, so all of this is like 10000x more funny than it should be :D

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's actually kind of weird for me to see us from the other side. Like, I am so used to being around people who know what they are talking about/doing, that seeing us as an outsider is actually really interesting to me.
That's what not informing or even reading stuff for one's self being does. :P
Close minded people are the worst kind to pick an argument with.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I just found my favorite line from that thread: I'm very tired, so all of this is like 10000x more funny than it should be :D
I have to say, this line made me facepalm using my laptop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"