Hardware Weird touchscreen issue with a newly brought 3DS XL (latest CFW and OFW)

Ing17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I was on a holiday in Thailand and bought a new 3DS XL (hacked version) with an additional purchase of a 16 GB SD. I updated both the CFW and OFW to the latest version everything seems to work fine until about 2 weeks in. I have been having this weird issue with the lower left part of the touchscreen. It is not responsive but sometimes it just clicked by itself and can get very annoying at times. I have tried cleaning it with all options including a toothbrush. Note: I have a third party touchscreen protector and a screen protector on the 3D screen as well. Is this an issue related with software (CFW) or is it a hardware issue?

Joelgp83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, then. Usually a touch screen being both unresponsive AND reacting to spurious random phantom clicks usually points to an uncalibrated screen. I would say that the issue persisting after a calibration points to bad hardware (dying touch sensor/screen), though I would defer to someone here more knowledgable about 3DS internals, given my limited experience with teh insides.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: But let's see what GabeN decides though