Weird stuff you do in games

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

Does anyone else have some strange ideas of what constitutes fun in a video game? Like, do you ever completely derail the plot to just go do some random dumb sh*t? I ask because I play Final Fantasy 14. Long story short my actual name was taken and due to some account issues I have to play on an alt PSN profile I named Evil Pikachu in honour of my profile pic, a collaborative work with my daughter. So since I couldn't be me, I decided screw it, be an Evil Pikachu. Why not? So I bought an outfit, dyed it yellow, and now run around the Zodiark server as a tiny little Lalafell dressed as a Pikachu. Then I spent the last two days leveling my Archer class so I could evolve into a Bard, thus unlocking the ability to play musical instruments, simply so I can stand in the middle of big cities playing the Jigglypuff Lullaby to see how many players play along and use the doze off or play dead emotes. I dunno why, I just figured that was the best use of my time this week. Maybe the lockdown is finally getting to me, who knows. It's all for fun. Not everything has to be Serious Business and maxing my stats. Sometimes I just do stuff because on some level I think it'll amuse someone.

Anyone else do random nonsensical stuff like this? Play GTA 5 and arrange dead bodies into a noughts and crosses board or something? I believe people refer to it as 'emergent gameplay' as opposed to its old name of 'pointless random time wasting'. Anyone got anything they do that is probably innocuous enough but to an outside observer might make them question your sanity? Or have I genuinely lost the plot this time? Been stuck indoors so long with a flatmate I despise that I can't even tell up from banana any more to be honest.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gave all of my characters in Tales of Vesperia sunglasses, a mustache, and a fedora. Cutscenes became real dumb. It was a lot of fun!

Bonus was, animation in that game was pretty limited, so it wasn't like you were missing out on all that much by not being able to see the characters' faces.

Played Tales of Berseria recently and was pleasantly surprised at how much the animation quality had improved during the course of a single generation.

D

Deleted User

On csgo i'll amp up my DPI, spin arround and say in chat i enabled spinbot, mfw when people actually believe it

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes when I used play sims, I used to put people in a locked room/area without essentials, just to watch what they would do, or what would happen to them. Most of them would end up dying.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gave all of my characters in Tales of Vesperia sunglasses, a mustache, and a fedora. Cutscenes became real dumb. It was a lot of fun!

Bonus was, animation in that game was pretty limited, so it wasn't like you were missing out on all that much by not being able to see the characters' faces.

Played Tales of Berseria recently and was pleasantly surprised at how much the animation quality had improved during the course of a single generation.
I put the lead in zestiria in sunglasses. I think he was the pilgrim.

Reactions: PityOnU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1