Hardware Weird little Wii problems

greendazed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded my 4.0U Wii a few days ago using banner bomb. I used Hackmii 0.2 to install the Homebrew channel. I then used this guide to get the cIOS installed. http://wiinewz.com/forums/wii-general-disc...-installed.html

I installed cIOS revision 13a and USB Loader GX Forwarder with a 250gb Seagate USB drive, and everything is working as it should....kinda.

For starters sometimes my disc drive won't read discs at all, it's like it doesn't even bother to spin them up. It just makes a couple click noises and fails. I usually just shut off the system and take the disc in and out a few times and it will work eventually. It does this with both legit games and burned ones, even on the disc channel. I also tried uninstalling DVDX since I just installed it for the hell of it and that didn't make any difference...hell maybe uninstalling it made it worse? lol I don't know.

The other problem I'm having is sometimes when I go to load a game with USB Loader GX I just get a black screen so I shut the system off and try it again, works fine, but still kinda annoying. Maybe I just need to wait a little longer? I don't know.

This other thing could have been anything but I was playing Animal Crossing CF off of my USB drive and it just randomly froze up at one point. It's the first time I've had anything freeze of USB so like I said it really could have been anything.

So is there something I can do to make my Wii run more reliably or are these just signs that my Wii is dying on me? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

bLaDeY

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Funny actually I have the same thing happening with mine, it has been suggested to check the region settings which I haven't tried as yet.

Is yours OK with burnt media?

Sorry about the hi-jack

greendazed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually yeah, it's fine with burnt DVD-Rs, but I still have to fight with it to get NeoGamma not to give me that read error, just like I do with my legit discs and the Disc Channel.

I just reinstalled DVDX and cIOS rev13a only this time I did the WAD Install instead of network as suggested by the download I got of it. I dunno if it's really going to make a difference though.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
could the animal crossing problem be coursed by a hdd spin down
unsure.gif

greendazed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out through some searching that the animal crossing freezing is a common issue, and can be fixed by disabling WiiConnect24 in system options.

I still don't know why my console itself is acting up. I don't know how many times I've gone to load a game from USB Loader and I get a black screen, then I shut it off and try again and it's fine. What's the deal!?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father