Weird issue with A9LH and boot

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Saternoir, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Saternoir
    OP

Saternoir Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2016
    Hi, so well, I'll explain as much as I can.

I have an O3DS with A9LH on 11.1, I first updated the A9LH to 6.3.1, then updated the system to 11.1, it was 3 days ago, I checked that everything worked fine (homebrew, cia install, luma config, power off/on, etc etc) and then I left the console in my desk, as I usually do. And I went to the bed.

When, 2 days ago, I tried to boot the 3DS, it crashed after trying to show something. Then I tried booting luma config (select) and same, it tried to show that once, then it showed the config for like... 0.X sec and crashed. Then I tried booting without SD (I had a previous build of A9LH that allowed me to boot without SD) and that booted good.

I thought it was the SD card, so I tried with a few other SD I had, after formatting them and copying atleast luma/arm9loader payloads. Same issue. I tried a few things that someone (pbanj) from /r/3dshacks thought, still having the issue. And he conclude that the only solution there is a hardmod.

May I ask if, someone here, has a viable solution that not include a hardmod? I'm running out of ideas

Last edited by Saternoir, Oct 18, 2016
    xJoelituh likes this.

2. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Did you try restoring your NAND backup? That's basically your failsafe on a9lh since you can restore your NAND without a hardmod.

3. Saternoir
    OP

Saternoir Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2016
    No, I can't restore, because I can't access to neither luma config (select) nor hourglass9 (x) at the boot.

4. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    have u tried a different memory card?

5. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Then your screwed.That means somehow a9lh got uninstalled or corrupted.

Last edited by Ominous66521, Oct 18, 2016
  6. Saternoir
    OP

Saternoir Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2016
    Yeah, it's on the OP, same issue

7. owek1

Aug 16, 2016
    im not sure if it will solve your issue and im no expert but perhaps you could try creating an emunand? that way, you won't rely on sysnand?

edit: nvm you wont be able to do it..

Last edited by owek1, Oct 18, 2016
  8. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Delete the config file.

9. Saternoir
    OP

Saternoir Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2016
    Already tried, nope at all.

Nah, I can't do a shit tbh.

10. owek1

Aug 16, 2016
    ah damn, hardmod it is then.. :(

11. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    When you take SD card out, does it boot?

12. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Are you getting the "please save all data and reboot" error shortly after booting regardless of the SD being inserted or not? I had this happen with an N3DS running Menuhax with an EmuNAND. The problem eventually solved itself, but it turned out that the WiFi chip had become loose. This will cause this exact error to happen shortly after boot or randomly. Try turning off WiFi and see if it continues doing this.

13. Saternoir
    OP

Saternoir Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2016
    Yes, because I have a previous installation of A9LH that is SDLess
    Nop, it just crashes without prompting any error, its like: boot, trying to show something, crash

14. el_gonz87

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Was that version of SDL
    Hmmm so you have the arm9loaderhax.bin in the CTRNAND root? Maybe that part of your NAND was corrupted in the crash and when SDLess A9LH tries to load it crashes, is that AW's version? Did you compile yourself? I hope they gave priority to the arm9loaderhax.bin on root of SD, otherwise you may be at a hardmod situation...

15. Saternoir
    OP

Saternoir Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2016
    Well I did it when it first released as an unofficial build back in July (this)

16. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Try replacing the A9LH payload (usually /arm9loaderhax.bin) with something else, such as hourglass9. If it boots directly to that payload then the problem is with Luma. If it ignores that payload, then you have either lost your A9LH or there's a problem with your SD card [slot].

17. el_gonz87

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Hmmm, so did you put Luma in CTRNAND using G9 or FBI?

18. Saternoir
    OP

Saternoir Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2016
    Oh, I'll try this when I go back to my house

"Using the latest version of safeA9LHinstaller (which can be found here), you can put the files found in this zip into SD:/a9lh/ and then run safeA9LHinstaller to update using those files."

19. el_gonz87

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Yes, but in order to get it to boot without SD, you have to inject Luma into CTRNAND, see below from that thread:

Try putting Luma arm9loaderhax.bin like @mashers suggested. If the SD-less version gives preference to SD you should be able to recover, if not, I don't know what you could do but hardmod.

Last edited by el_gonz87, Oct 18, 2016
  20. Saternoir
    OP

Saternoir Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2016
    Then I don't recall exactly what did I use to do that. I will try everything there, just in case.