Hacking Weird issue(s) with TempAR

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have TempAR installed as my only plug-in right now, since I know I like being able to use cheats on some games, and a lot of the PSX/PSN games. Anyway, I've had a lot of questions about it, so just making this one thread to try and hopefully ask/get answers to them in one (relatively) easy thread.
  • Okay, so one of the PSP games I would have on my Go is Final Fantasy I. It came with the system when I bought it. Now, when I start it up, the menus and such are in English, and just to verify I even tried a scene release version to compare against on the same PSP Go. Before I kick in the cheats on TempAR, the game is in English, as are the in-game and system menu(s). But soon as I load up the appropriate cheats list on TempAR, everything defaults to Japanese, and the Quit/Pause game menu also gets changed, with the buttons swapping. What's that about? I thought this game was supposed to be in English? :wacko: Yes, this happened with both copies of the same game. The Japanese-ified cheats doesn't help me to know what's what.
  • Here's one that still puzzles me. For Final Fantasy VII (PSN), the pre-supplied cheats that TempAR came with include a few AP after battle codes... inspecting the values that they overwrite with, they should be at 255, 500k and seven 9's of AP each. However, whenever I enable any of them, I'd only see either 255 or 511 AP received after a battle. Yet when I used the cheat search function to enable my own, the cheat line it looks for goes to the exact same memory line; While I can't set it past 65535, setting to 50k works just about perfect. It'll ignore multipliers on materia growth, but the amount does get applied properly to the materia anyway. So... what's up with dat?
  • Are there any cheat .db files that are better suited for all these PSX games? So far from the various ones I tried, even the latest db's that came with TempAR only seemed to have FF 7, of ANY of the PSN/PSX games released.
I'm sure I'll end up having some more questions, but these were the three that seemed to bug me the most and felt most compelled to ask about.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - Does this still happen when none of the cheats are on? Might be an on-by-default one that's changing the language value.

2 - 255 is the max for one byte (256-1), 511 is (256x2)-1, etc. The built-in codes are slightly messed-up, your homemade ones aren't.

3 - Not sure here, I've overwritten my database files so often I don't remember where any of them came from.

D

Deleted-236924

I'm having an issue with certain cheats not functioning.
Would replacing the built-in database with a new one be a good idea?

I've been able to get the cheat working for FF1 where it'd just automatically level up everyone to Lv. 99 after a battle, but I'd rather use the cheat that gets me 5k exp every battle instead.

That doesn't work, though.

Hmm... pressing the Note button to globally enable cheats seemed to do the trick.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 - Does this still happen when none of the cheats are on? Might be an on-by-default one that's changing the language value.

2 - 255 is the max for one byte (256-1), 511 is (256x2)-1, etc. The built-in codes are slightly messed-up, your homemade ones aren't.

3 - Not sure here, I've overwritten my database files so often I don't remember where any of them came from.
As for the first, yes. Because as soon as I go into the TempAR menu and have it look for cheats for this game, the list of codes is in Japanese... and then after that, the Quit/Pause game menu becomes japanese as well, and the buttons get swapped. And that's even before I hit the note button to enable any.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't be so bad if it were possible to get the code text translated so I know what does what. I was at least able to muddle my way through the Quit/Pause menu, as the in-game setting to keep its text english seems to still be honored.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt