XP
Country
i am running Windows 7 Pro .
specs of comp:
Case: CoolerMaster Elite 334 nVidia Edition
Mobo: BioStar TA790GX 128M
Headset: Creative Fatal1ty MKII

i believe that's all the matters .
so anyway , me and my friends are talking over skype and they tell me they hear a weird static issue coming from me . i have no idea what the problem could be really . after i realize that whatever comes out from the sound , it comes out through the mic as well . so they hear whatever i hear because apparently , it comes out of my mic .

any ideas what the problem could be ?

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well the case says it has audio jacks that also support HD audio, so assuming it has both an HD and AC'97 connectors (mine does but it's an antec case), and your motherboard's manual states it only supports HD not AC'97. Since they both plug into the MB through the same connection, check if you might have the case's AC'97 wire connector hooked in by mistake instead of the HD connector.

Does the static also happen if plugged into the mic jack on the back of the MB? With different programs?

If so, might just be a bad mic? Does the same thing happen with another mic?

Good luck.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i switched to the rockband mic that's USB .
it works perfectly o_o .

looks like i might just stick with USB connectors since i just use it to talk over skype .
thanks for trying to help anyway .

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Actually that static is usually caused by electronic interference from nearby ports. Usually USB ports (since they're never shielded). It's a bit of bad design from case/motherboard manufacturers that they haven't seemed to learn from. There is a software option to clean that static from the feed, but i can't remember where or how to set it up properly. It's been a long time since I had to mess around with it for ventrillo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-