Weird Problem installing NSP

ShawnMacTM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I asked this in a similar thread but didnt get any responses so rather than bumping a dead thread, I thought Id ask directly here.
So my issue being that I cant install or play one specific NSP

NSP in question is Pokemon Violet.

For context, I have downloaded, converted and installed Scarlet before this. It works completely fine, I've almost completed the game at this point. No issues.

So with that, i know my keys worked, my sig patches are good and Im up to date enough to play this title.

That being said I should be able to do the same thing to Violet and play that one as well, but for some reason I keep getting "software could not start, please press home and try again".

This is after multiple installs and reinstalls. Multiple reliable sources provided seperate downloads of the same file checked with MD5. No file would work and let me install and play.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated! Its a weird problem for sure. Im more interested in figuring it out and understanding why its happening than I am needing to actually play the game at this point lol

**EDIT**

Forgot to come back here and explain how I resolved it. Just incase anyone comes across the same or a similar issue..

So, firstly I did a reinstall of atmosphere but kept my patches from last install.

This didnt work, so I went and deleted my sig patches and reinstalled fresh ones, and boom.

Problem solved. Not sure how that happened as I always update the sig patches when I update the firmware, but thats what the problem was *Shrug*

Last edited by ShawnMacTM,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your other thread you say “converted”. What do you mean by that? Are you converting the XCI to NSP? Why not just install?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
If you enabled block compression when you created it - use DBI installer to install the game and that might solve your issues. Other installers do not have block compression support yet, and Tinfoil is broken for now.

EDIT; Tinfoil 15.0 R9 released last night/this morning fixes block compression.

Last edited by mrdude,

ShawnMacTM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What installer you used?
Used Goldleaf for installing. Might not be the latest update from github, but I install a bunch of other nsp's just fine using the same one
Post automatically merged:

In your other thread you say “converted”. What do you mean by that? Are you converting the XCI to NSP? Why not just install?
Converted the XCI as you assumed. I do it like that because when i first got the switch back in the day, there wasnt any fancy cart installers that were easy to use, and so converting the xci using 4NXCI was always the easiest route to me, and I dont like change lol
Post automatically merged:

If you enabled block compression when you created it - use DBI installer to install the game and that might solve your issues. Other installers do not have block compression support yet, and Tinfoil is broken for now.
Not sure what this is or what you mean, so im going to assume that I did not do this

ShawnMacTM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Forgot to come back here and explain how I resolved it. Just incase anyone comes across the same or a similar issue..

So, firstly I did a reinstall of atmosphere but kept my patches from last install.

This didnt work, so I went and deleted my sig patches and reinstalled fresh ones, and boom.

Problem solved. Not sure how that happened as I always update the sig patches when I update the firmware, but thats what the problem was *Shrug*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...