Hacking Weird happenings..

cmonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So few months ago I ran into a problem I posted on the forums about my Ys save not being recognized. Well, I just decided to start a new game and that problem seemed like a random hiccup.

I just started playing Henry Hatsworth few days ago and when I tried to play it again last night, I noticed that the DS icon was greyed out with a giant question mark in the middle. When I tried to open the game, it would just freeze and not do anything. Also, I noticed later on that the save file also completely disappeared from the card.

So just to get my quick platform fix, I just played NSMB. However, when I tried to save, the game gave me an error message about not being able to save and that I should reset the game.

I'm starting to worry and feel a little annoyed at this point. I only got the Acekard because it was supposedly a solid card and the one problem that I really wanted to avoid was losing my in-game saves.

Anyone else having these problems or is this just an isolated incident? Any recommendations for a possible fix?

My Acekard is a version 2.1 with a spring loaded card slot. I'm currently using the latest version of AKAIO and a 4 GB Transcend memory card. Thanks for reading.

Primenay13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you have to for some reason, try not using ysmenu savs and use akaio savs instead. Use the online sav converter. Also try reformatting your card with panasonic sdcard formatter.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
A custom firmware for the Acekard, please read the Wiki stickied at the top of this sub-forum.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
cmonster said:
My Acekard is a version 2.1...

ysmenu on the ak2i can overwrite parts of the dsi bootloader, essentially bricking the cards ability to boot on the dsi. you should not run into issues running it on a 2.1, although i have no idea why you would want to use it over akaio. =P

-another world

cmonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, the problem I ran into for Henry Hatsworth happened for Black Sigil just now. Played the game, saved, turned off DS. Tried to play it again but it had a blank DS icon and the save file disappeared.

I don't think this problem is due to the save file though, is it? Since the whole game itself seems to be corrupting, as well.

Oh, I get what you meant by ysmenu. When I said Ys saves, I meant the game Ys I&II for the DS and not ysmenu. So yea, just to clarify: I'm not using anything related to the ysmenu at all.

I'm going to try formatting my card tonight with the panasonic formatter and see if it happens again. I'll post the results, thanks for the replies!

[edit]

Oh wow, I just found out how to trigger the problem. It seems like changing the file name within the memory card corrupts the game file after launching it for the first time. It makes sense since I did the same thing with Henry Hatsworth which caused the same problem. If I change the file name on my computer then drag it into the card, everything works as it should. Strange.

I just formatted with the panasonic formatter and yea, I can still recreate the problem.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you change the name with DSOrganise? There have been problems of that corrupting things before, but i've never personally had an issue.

cmonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, I didn't leave out anything. I'm not using anything like DSOrganize, Ysmenu, or any other homebrews; I'm only using my PC, Acekard 2.1, and the latest AKAIO.

Sorry if I sound confusing right now, 3 hours of sleep for couple of days is not helping me at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill