Weird glitch in RXTOOLS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by BlueFox gui, Jun 27, 2016.

1. BlueFox gui
    OP

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    Could someone help me, I installed RXTOOLS on my 3ds a few days, sometimes the menuhax boot freezes but I already knew that this was normal, and sometimes the boot of rxtools was on a black screen but it was also normal, just yesterday I turn on my 3ds and did not show the boot screen rxtools what appeared was a gray fade with several lines and fade beginning to grow on the screen appearing with a few lines and at the time I was afraid, I have a friend which has also rxtools and showed it to him, but he said he never did this to him before then I turn off and turn on again, and was the normal this afternoon it happened again I did nothing in rxtools or something to show it I wanted to know if something happened to someone and it's just a glitch as others that happen normally.

Sorry if English is bad

2. TechyTurtle

TechyTurtle GBAtemp Regular

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    MY ASS!
    I had that too (BEFORE MY OLD 3DS GOT F** BRICKED). NO I dea why it happens but you shouldn't worry about it

3. BlueFox gui
    OP

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    Just curious how your 3ds got bricked? XD

4. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    i know your problem
    1. fuck rxtools use luma+menuhax
    2+ fuck luma+menuhax use luma+a9lh

Ricken, TheVinAnator, otto888 and 4 others like this.
  5. BlueFox gui
    OP

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    Sorry but I do not know how to use luma3ds and I do not dare try to install a9lh. XD

My friend I LIVE IN BRAZIL if my 3ds got bricked I will not have money to buy another. XD

6. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    You just drag and drop the Luma3DS files on your SD card? It's really easy.

7. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    wormdood and Tomato Hentai like this.
  8. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I recommend ditching rxTools and using luma3DS. It's a much better CFW in my opinion. I would also recommend looking into installing arm9loaderhax, just to You can run luma3DS the exact same way you run rxTools. Just copy the cfw files to SD card and run it from menuhax

9. Zolexic

Zolexic Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2016
    Canada
    Found the problem.

DrkBeam, xtheman, Ricken and 5 others like this.
  10. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    Rxtools is extremely out of date. Switching t luma is very easy, much easier than installing rxtools.

I saw a few people pointing you to the a9lh guide but most of that is not needed since you already have an emunand and menu hax.

Download the latest Luma3DS and follow this: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade

It's as simple as adding a couple of files to your SD card. The complete setup will take less than 5 minutes.

11. BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    It's really nothing to worry about mine used to do it but then it stopped...you could try LUMA also it's really easy to set up just drag and drop the files and boot up Luma no need to create any EMUNAND since you already created it with rxtools... fuck all these idiots telling you to ditch menuhax and rxtools they're fucking spoiled American idiots whose parents probably buy shit for them so there probably don't get scared in case their device bricks since mommy and daddy pay for their crap Su live in Brazil I understand completely if you don't want to risk a brick

Last edited by BADDINOROX99, Jun 28, 2016
  12. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Really? Because I currently have a couple of systems floating around me and they all had arm9loaderhax installed at one point. And I'm about to do the install to a brand spanking new n3DS XL that I bought with my own money. (All of the systems were bought with my own cash and I also did the installs myself...)

To the OP, it's not difficult to change up rxtools to Luma3DS - just switch a couple of files and it should get working.

13. Zolexic

Zolexic Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2016
    Canada
    [​IMG]

14. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Assuming people who suggest a9lh are "entitled american idiots" is completely unjustified and rude. I personally paid for my 3ds a couple years back but doing some odd jobs during spring break. And right now there would be no way to pay for a replacement for me. Assuming all Americans are rich, entitled and get everything from their "rich" parents is extremely incorrect, and frankly upsets me. There is a slight fear of bricking, but honestly I've use Plailect's guide several times, and as long as you follow exactly what it says there is VERY little chance of bricking.

N7Kopper and Joel16 like this.
  15. BADDINOROX99

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    I know it's not difficult I have also installed it myself on one of my systems but to a lot of people that English is not their primary language I can see how it's confusing especially someone who lives in a country where they can't get their hands on a new 3DS every other day I can see why they get scared at the risk of a brick and yes most of the people on these forums I'm ninety-nine percent sure they are bratty Little American Kids who don't know what it's like to work for what they own I'm not saying it applies to you but it applies to most

16. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Again, you are assuming all americans just have money to spend and that we can all easily replace our consoles if bricked. Because that really is not the case for a lot of us

Joel16 likes this.
  17. BADDINOROX99

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    If what I said does not apply to you why would you get offended

Obviously I struck a chord

18. BADDINOROX99

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    I live in Los Angeles I know what I'm talking about I know exactly the kind of bratty attitude people have when they have money to spend on senseless crap and a lot of people on these forums act just like that like I said if it doesn't apply to you don't get offended and move along

19. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    It doesn't apply to me, but it is annoying that you generalized the stated towards all Americans, but more specifically "American idiots", because that was really called for

Joel16 likes this.
  20. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    "My own money" is a phrase kids use who get everything paid for by their parents. If keeping a roof over your head and avoiding starvation is your own responsibility you have a bit of a different perspective.