Weird freeze - buzz noise with Nintendont

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by rorro, Feb 9, 2015.

1. rorro
    OP

rorro Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2014
    Mexico
    I was playing Rogue Squadron II with my external hard drive, and after 30 minutes, sudenly i heard a buzz noise that lasted less than a second, with a tiny freeze... at first i didnt mind, but after some minutes the buzz returned, and it was more frequent, like 3 times a minute...

I disconnected the hard drive and i played the game via SD card... i played for 20 minutes without the issue.... so im not really sure if this was an issue with my external hard drive or with the copy of the game, or the nintendont build, etc...

My external drive is brand new, less than a week. 1TB, toshiba.

Any ideas?

2. majormoes

majormoes Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2015
    Netherlands
    Nijmegen, Netherlands
    Those buzzes are normal with that game, they may be fixed with a new version of nintendont. Try to change force progressive and widescreen off to make them less frequent (if they are on).

3. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    You have a sleepy hard drive. Nintendont is reading a random sector of the drive to prevent it from going to sleep. That's why your experiencing a small freeze.

4. rorro
    OP

rorro Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2014
    Mexico

Thanks, so you too experience the same? This does make sense because i did play a couple of games before RS2 and that didnt happen... i'll disable force progressive and widescreen to see if that solves (or at least reduces) the issue. Thanks!

5. majormoes

majormoes Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2015
    Netherlands
    Nijmegen, Netherlands

yeah I had the same problem with that game, when I had force settings on the game just simply frozes after 10 minutes, but with those settings off it didn't anymore. The sleeping hdd may be problem but probably not in this case, because most other games work fine. You can only hope for a fix for just this game in a future release.

6. frostyarcade

frostyarcade Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2016
    United States
    Sorry to dredge this thread back up, but I'm having the same exact issue. It's only when going into the level select menu and I also get it on the medal presentation results screen. Gameplay is fine. I have the Nintendont settings to default, but i enable the in-game progressive mode on game start.

Would this simply be just a USB reading issue (I'm using a USB flash drive)or is re-ripping the ISO necessary?

Minor issue but thanks for any input!

7. frostyarcade

frostyarcade Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2016
    United States
    I tried it again last night and it didn't buzz on the level select menu anymore, but did buzz for a split second on the medal screen after the end of a level.

Anyone have a general idea what could be going on?

8. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Did you read any of the previous posts on here as your question has already been answered before you even asked it. The beeps are normal for the game using nintendont. Not all games play perfectly with nintendont and rogue squadron 2 is one of those games.