Weird DVD Read Errors

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Sveet, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Sveet
    OP

Sveet Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2009
    United States
    Ver. 4.2U, My wii was purchased the first week it was released.

I've been working on this the last few days, reading various stickies and googling when i got errors, but I think its finally time to ask for help.

I was pointed in the direction of this guide by my friend, and I followed everything perfectly. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

WiiGator gives me Error 263 No Disc
    NeoGamma r7 gives me Error 1101 DVD Read Error (and once i got a timeout)
    I haven't tried any other programs (I've downloaded cIOSCORP v3.4 but haven't installed it)

Yesterday I took the same DVD and my SD card to a friend's house and it worked fine (he has 3.X).

Does anyone have any ideas?

edit: i forgot to mention, when brawl came out i sent my wii into nintendo for repairs (DL read problems) so i thought that they might have switched my drive with one that couldnt read DVDs. I downloaded MPlayer and I can watch regular DVD movies on my Wii.

2. Sveet
    OP

Sveet Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2009
    United States
    I could really use some help. If anyone has any clue or wants to throw random guesses out, I'm listening.

If you know a better place I should ask (if nobody can help here) or if i should get in contact with a specific person or group, I will take that too.

3. OncleJulien

OncleJulien tool of peers

Apr 6, 2009
    United States
    Los Angeles
    what does a retail disc do when loaded through the disc channel?

4. Sveet
    OP

Sveet Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2009
    United States
    through the disc channel (the one that comes with the wii to play GC/Wii games?) everything loads like normal. Actually when I've put in wii games i've been getting a system update message (which i haven't done) and GC games load fine.

5. Sveet
    OP

Sveet Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2009
    United States
    Wow nevermind, i just tried to load up melee thru disc channel (orig copy). I didn't realize the GC backup launcher was injected into it. Before the game loads, it gives me the exact same error I get when I load a Backup as in my first post. It plays the game after that screen though.

edit:: actually it says 263 can't read dvd then on the next line says 0x5bytesofhex Ready

6. Sveet
    OP

Sveet Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2009
    United States
    Bump. Any ideas for me?

7. Sveet
    OP

Sveet Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2009
    United States
    Bump, still having these issues. Anyone have any advice?

edit: is there a way to downgrade from 4.2 if i don't have a LU64 or w/e

8. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    nvrmnd