That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
For the time being, i just gonna give daily update a shot since now that i have failed my course, i am now a stay out personnel, which means that i report at a specific time and go home at a specific time unlike a stay in personnel who have to stay in camp till a book out timing.

So, for now, i just give a daily bump this post monday to friday for as long as possible.

Anyway, today is pretty boring, all i did was stay in an aircon room and read newspaper and books all day long, that's it.

Although for some reason, the staff sergeants seem surprised that i was able to finish reading a 400+ page novel within a day.

But then again, "Veracity " was quite a interesting read with quite a nice ending at the end
smile.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The end is the best place for an ending.
wink.gif

But I've got an ebook of a Deep Space Nine trilogy, and I'm still on book two after nearly a couple of years. Then again, I only go back to it now and then, when I'm away or in the car or something like that.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, you were in the army all this time? I thought the reason why you were mostly away from the GBAtemp Cheats Forum was because you had school or some other long-term event you had to attend. Damn, I'm slow. Having fun there?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am r4ymond said:
Hm, you were in the army all this time? I thought the reason why you were mostly away from the GBAtemp Cheats Forum was because you had school or some other long-term event you had to attend. Damn, I'm slow. Having fun there?
Forced military service is fairly long-term. Week 18, after all.

mrfatso

That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
mercluke said:
you failed?
ohnoes.png

yup, so now i am spending my time in camp reading books and doing nothing other than odd jobs
smile.gif

ProtoKun7 said:
I am r4ymond said:

and it's still early too
smile.gif
1 year and 8 month+ more to go
smile.gif

QUOTE(BoxShot @ Oct 26 2010, 02:49 PM)
mrfatso reading books and other things all day?
ohnoes.png

at the moment, yup.

@raymond: used to have fun, now i am just bored, i can only read, i cant sleep nor play my ds
frown.gif

--------
Tuesday
------

So, today as usual, i just spend my entire time in the transport wing enjoying the air con, and just reading books, i did managed to read most of the books except for a book containing a collection of detective/spy stories. There was a comic book that i still remember, it was called Mouseguard Fall 1152, it was a good distraction from the usual batman, spiderman, batman comic that i had borrowed, it had quite a realistic feeling to it aside from mouse talking of cos, in that it shown what a mice might have live like if they were intelligent enough to think for themselves, to talk, to learn, how their world would have been.

Only work that i did do today would be to help someone proof-read his document and helping a few guys carry paperwork and their cargo from the 1st floor to the 3rd floor of a building .

In the end, i asked my staff sergeant how long am i gonna be wasting time here and that was what he told me, to just stay here till manpower revocated me or toss me somewhere else.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrfatso said:
mercluke said:
you failed?
ohnoes.png

yup, so now i am spending my time in camp reading books and doing nothing other than odd jobs
smile.gif

ProtoKun7 said:
I am r4ymond said:

and it's still early too
smile.gif
1 year and 8 month+ more to go
smile.gif

QUOTE(BoxShot @ Oct 26 2010, 02:49 PM)
mrfatso reading books and other things all day?
ohnoes.png

at the moment, yup.

@raymond: used to have fun, now i am just bored, i can only read, i cant sleep nor play my ds
frown.gif

--------
Tuesday
------

So, today as usual, i just spend my entire time in the transport wing enjoying the air con, and just reading books, i did managed to read most of the books except for a book containing a collection of detective/spy stories. There was a comic book that i still remember, it was called Mouseguard Fall 1152, it was a good distraction from the usual batman, spiderman, batman comic that i had borrowed, it had quite a realistic feeling to it aside from mouse talking of cos, in that it shown what a mice might have live like if they were intelligent enough to think for themselves, to talk, to learn, how their world would have been.

Only work that i did do today would be to help someone proof-read his document and helping a few guys carry paperwork and their cargo from the 1st floor to the 3rd floor of a building .

In the end, i asked my staff sergeant how long am i gonna be wasting time here and that was what he told me, to just stay here till manpower revocated me or toss me somewhere else.

That sucks. I don't think I can live a day without technology, unless I have a whole series of interesting books to read.

Anyways, you're doing paperwork, reading, and carrying out messages and errands? I thought people that join the army practice shooting or something. Seems like a pain in the ass right now.

I don't know anything about the army. I'm just a kid.

mrfatso

That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
@raymond: nah, that's okay, feel free to ask anything about the army and i give it a shot answering them. Anyway, ya, we did fire live rounds but that was only during my basic military training (BMT) phrase. Some other people who are infantry, they might still be practicing their shooting skills, but for the rest of us, that was it.

and yup, at the moment, i am just doing odd jobs and stuff.

Anyway, after our BMT, we will then received notices on what our vocation(job) in the army would be, mine just happened to be a driver.

------------
Wednesday
---------------

Today, we had this thing called healthy living, which is basically just an excuse to get people to arrive in camp early just to do some exercise. After doing our warm up exercise, we were given a choice, run or walk, either way, we will have different routes. I just choose to walk since i cant be ased to run.

Anyway, today was quite alright, i spend quite some time helping out one of the regulars with his powerpoint slides by looking for interesting quotes and summarizing his coursemate's journal.

Other than that, yet another peaceful days in the morning and afternoon.

Slightly off-topic from army life but damn, i really didn't expect dementia to be that bad, every single day that passes by, my grandma is getting more and more senile and it really shows, today she turn on the gas valve even though she wasn't cooking, thankfully i was just taking my sweet time to eat and i turn it off as soon as she turned around.

Even something like cooking has become messed up for her, you think that if you have been doing the same thing over and over again all your life, dementia wouldn't screw it up, but it did. I heard from my dad that today my grandma forgotten that she had added ketchup to the prawn and she added sugar to it to sweeten the prawn again, so in the end, it became too sweet and my dad had to wash it with water to reduce the sweetness.

My parents are getting more and more tired everyday to remind my grandma, i just hope that they don't snap soon, if that does happened, i am gonna request to stay out, just so i can lend my parents a helping hand, cant really count on my brother, he's more focused on his computer than to others, as for my grandpa, just like older people (you might want to stereotyped us asian, if it helps), but to him, face is more important and taking care of a senile old lady, to him, it really throw his face away.

mrfatso

That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
-----------
Thursday
-----------

Today, i helped carry some stuff needed for those transport supervisors for their outfield trip. Looks like when it's my friends turn in the course, they will have an easier time.
A 2nd warrant officer asked me to help this guy out(the same regular) with this slide on care for soldiers and also while i am there, to help tidy out the place.

------------
Friday
-----------

Today is the day that the rest of my course mate are done with their course. Today, i carried on helping that regular with his powerpoint slide, and also, the 2nd warrant officer asked me to help him typed out this slide on some stuff.

After that, it's back to wasting time till 5pm. Then i went and meet up with a friend of mine because i have no idea how to go to this place and he knows the route. So, after we meet up and i bought my stuff(in case anyone is wondering, it's a formation badge). We went and explore that place and tried the buffet over there.

After the buffet, i finally reached home last night at around 11.30pm, after taking a shower, i just fall asleep immediately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone