Weed: Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by silent sniper, Mar 5, 2009.

?

asdfasdfasdf

1. Yay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Meh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Mar 5, 2009

Weed: Yay or Nay? by silent sniper at 5:19 AM (9,373 Views / 0 Likes) 121 replies

1. silent sniper
    OP

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    edit: I'm no longer a stoner, but I still support the legalization.

2. Mr.Mister

Member Mr.Mister GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Legal in Cali!?

3. silent sniper
    OP

Canada
    yep. google it bro.

4. Mr.Mister

United States
    I did. Seems the foundation for it has been layed down through a bill. I read an article about it on the Chicago Sun Times. Seems that the government is starting to, like the rest of America for 30 years, think that pot prohibition is silly and can make the government wads of lost cash. Honestly, I'm only 17, but if they legalize it that would be great and take off a lot pressure on a lot of people I know. Seriously I beginning to think like the California law makers.

EDIT: Looks like your poll isn't going favorably.

5. fst312

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i think you shouldn't even be smoking in the first place.i just looked at your profile and it says your just 14 years old not to sure if your faking your age but if your not i think many people will agree that you should stop because your killing yourself.you should stop by the way i voted NAY so stop before you die at an early age.

6. Mr.Mister

United States
    Even if he is 14 and is illegal in Canada, all you can do is advise him, can't really make him stop. I'm 17 and I've only done it thrice in my lifetime. By the way pot doesn't kill you, Google it and find me five cases where it says in the title that pot was directly involved in a death.

Read this article also.

7. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    Awesome. I live in California!

8. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    It's not legal in Cali, wtf are you smoking? oh wait...

9. fst312

United States
    i didn't find much but i found a site of with questions and answers if you want to take a look and your right in some ways that smoking this doesn't really kill a person.well here is the http://www.kidsgrowth.com/resources/articledetail.cfm?id=374

oh this site says yes it can kill a person http://www.funadvice.com/q/can_pot_kill_you

so yes i will tell him again he should stop.

EDIT
    you know what i can't give a real answer some sites say it can kill and some say it can't well i just say don't use it anymore

10. silent sniper
    OP

Canada
    thank you mr.mister.

pot doesnt kill, in fact, ever since I started, I've been a much nicer person (IRL anyways), I've been calmer, more rational, and overall just a better person.

11. Mr.Mister

United States
    Yea like the article says really the only way to die from pot is by mixing with other drugs, dying by pot alone would either mean you are stupid or you smoked WAY, and I mean WAY too much pot.

QUICK FACT: More people die by alcohol or cigarettes combined than by pot every year.

But, uh, back to the OP, I wonder how this will effect California's state economy as the bill creator states that this would bring in lotsa cash.

EDIT:
    @Silent Sniper

Eh, no problem, I just disagree with people who think that Marijuana can kill you, it can't without extreme circumstances by mixing drugs, etc. I'm glad fst312, like me, did some searching for the facts. [​IMG]

12. silent sniper
    OP

Canada
    yes, well, thanks again.

the only way to od on pot (by itself) is too smoke your own body weight. and you'd be way to high to even grab hold of your paraphernalia before you've even smoked 5% (not even 5% probably) of your own weight.

13. Mr.Mister

United States
  14. fst312

United States
    i should have searched before i posted but i will still say NAY because the fact that i never smoked pot but since it doesn't kill i guess if you want to use it you can smoke pot.anyway you say you only smoke pot twice a week so i guess it can't hurt you.

15. blueskies

Member blueskies GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Smoked pot for the last 4-5 years, pretty much permastoned for the last 2. I recently quit, and haven't smoked in 2 months. I still love marijuana and think that in the right hands it can really help some people. It's just a plant, it's just a plant, it's just a plant.

Oh, and I don't think it was legalized on Monday. That bill for taxation was put forth, but it still has to go through the whole process, and still needs to be legalized, or at lease tolerated, at the federal level. If it ever passes I will most likely start growing and smoking again, at least occasionally. [​IMG]

I can't really say when the 'right' time to start smoking is, but I think 14 is too young to be smoking or doing any drugs/alcohol. I started all that late, waited till college, and it was a short phase for me. I barely even drink anymore.

16. Styles420

Member Styles420 GBAtemp Regular

United States

True, but it doesn't quite drive the point home like this one does: More people die by lethal toe stubbings than by pot every year

17. SylvWolf

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

United States
    I personally don't smoke, but I'm not against it. I have friends who smoke and I don't really care if they do or not.

18. fst312

United States
    even if pot doesn't kill, like jonny suave said you shouldn't be smoking at 14 you are young.

19. blueskies

Member blueskies GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Pot alone may not kill you, but that doesn't mean it's completely harmless. It's still a substance and you need to be in the right mindset to use it appropriately. Being stupid and doing things like driving high or mixing alcohol or other drugs in the party atmosphere can be very dangerous. Just be careful kids and use your heads.

20. SoLuckys

Member SoLuckys GBAtemp Regular

Cyprus
    in my country if someone is caught with pot goes in jail for 2+ years