Website making

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by Kwartel, Sep 25, 2009.

Sep 25, 2009

Website making by Kwartel at 6:17 AM (1,125 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Kwartel
    OP

Member Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Netherlands
    For school we have to make a website in pairs in HTML. I would like to have something like googlecode, but much more simpler to use for our project.
    HELP [​IMG]

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    just use dreamweaver

its pretty does everything for you just by right clicking

3. Kwartel
    OP

Netherlands
    Nah my teacher finds out. I meant that I wanted to use something omline so we don't have to use USB-sticks and stuff to update our shit.

4. zuron7

Member zuron7 RBYG

India
    Just use notepad and upload it on some file sharing site.

5. Kwartel
    OP

Netherlands
    I know I have to use Notepad, but I want to know which file sharing site has the ability to have a folder setup and such

6. BiscuitBee

Member BiscuitBee Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug

Canada
    There's a few options you could try out:

1. docs.google.com You can share certain documents between two (or more) users.
    2. Get setup with Subversion (it git if you're feeling adventurous). I'm pretty sure googlecode uses SVN. You could probably get TortoiseSVN (a windows client) setup to sync with googlecode.
    3. Try dropbox. (getdropbox.com). and share an account.

7. Kwartel
    OP

Netherlands
    you're my hero THANK YOU SO MUCH [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    It seems I am a bit late to the party.
    http://pastebin.com/ ?

Also hardly anyone builds a website from scratch; they will have a basic layout or three around and choose their favourite of the three or they will find three other websites they like the look of and rip them off. If you envisage having to make more in the future prepare these now.

9. Kwartel
    OP

Netherlands
    I know, but it's for school. You know, making a noob site. It will never be published, it's just for a grade.
    @BisquitBee; I can't install at school and docs is a little bit annoying cause it's just online Word. We have to make something from the scratch and in notepad! My teacher will see it when I have made it in something else, cause that will be superhard to read! Even for Bill Gates [​IMG]

10. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Honestly just make it in notepad then. It's really quite easy, html isn't that hard (aside of course from having specific browsers handling it differently). A css also isn't that hard to make, getting the layout to work in most used browsers is a little harder though (but as you say it is for school work, just make it so it works with IE or firefox depending on whatever you guys use most). There are plenty of good guides out there, at the very least telling you the basics. You can also look at simple websites to see how they are made (though be aware that pages can be presented to you differently then they are actually hosted on a site, which in your case probably doesn't really matter).

As for hosting btw, waaaay back I used bravehost. It would be bad to use that in a production enviroment but for what you want to do it sounds prefect.

11. Primenay13

Member Primenay13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If youre looking for a free program try pagebreeze

12. Kwartel
    OP

Netherlands
    Ok for the last time! I need someplace where you can easily put my stuff so WE are always up to date and we don't do the samething!